WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionsetup.exe has stoped working - Page 1 EmptyRe: setup.exe has stoped working

more_horiz
after this could u see why vista wont let me install crysis warhead cause my girlfriend has a very basic laptop and it works fine on that and my computer is newly bought with good graphics card???thanks for your help:)

descriptionsetup.exe has stoped working - Page 1 EmptyRe: setup.exe has stoped working

more_horiz
Hello. Yep, we'll have a look at the installing issue once you have done everything in this post, because the malware should be gone now.

Lets wrap this up.

• Open HijackThis
  • Choose "Do a system scan only"
  • Check the boxes in front of these lines: (if present)

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-4069843678-2951840599-648089840-1001\..\Run: [ygqawqg] "c:\users\dekoh\appdata\local\ygqawqg.exe" ygqawqg (User 'aaron')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-4069843678-2951840599-648089840-1001\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe (User 'aaron')
    O4 - S-1-5-21-4069843678-2951840599-648089840-1001 Startup: LimeWire On Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe (User 'aaron')
    O4 - S-1-5-21-4069843678-2951840599-648089840-1001 User Startup: LimeWire On Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe (User 'aaron')

• Press "Fix Checked"
  • Close Hijack This.

We have to remove and update a few things now.

• Click Start >> Control Panel.
  • Under the Programs click Uninstall a Program
  • Highlight the following:

Adobe Reader 8.1.3
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1

• Click on the Uninstall/Change button at the top.

Then download and install Adobe Reader version 9.1 from here:
http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Now update Java.

• Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 12.
  • Select the first option where it says "This release includes the highly anticipated...".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • In the Window that opens, select your platform and language, check the "agree" box, and click Continue.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u13-windows-i586-p.exe that you downloaded to install the newest version.

You are running Firefox 3.0.1, please download and install Firefox version 3.0.8 from here:
http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

Let me know how the machine is running once you have done that.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
setup.exe has stoped working - Page 1 DXwU4
setup.exe has stoped working - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
iv checked and double checked none of the above are in hijacked followed instucktions word for word

more_horiz
Okay, that means Combofix removed them for us. I was just making sure. Smile...
Do the rest of the instructions and post back once you've done them.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
just waiting for everything to download:)

more_horiz
while im waiting for everything to download do u wanna see why crysis warhead wont install???

more_horiz
Okay. Smile...

Does it give you an error/reason why or does it just say it's stopped working when you run it?

more_horiz
this is what comes up when i press install (if u started program continue
setup.exe
macrovision corporation
c:\program files\realtek usb wireless lan driver and utilty\setup.exe

but i dont know what realtek usb wireless lan has got to do with it thats so i can get the internet should have anything to do with the game

more_horiz
Well it does and it doesn't.
The game might have built in software that allows you to play online with other people.
But regardless of that, it should still install fine.

I'll ask a colleague to drop by here, see if he can figure this out.
Can I ask now though, has the Yoog hijacker gone?

more_horiz
yeah thanks thats been bugging me for a while theres no sign of it the only problem i have not had on my computer is liaseing with geekpolice i will reccomend to ALL MY FRIENDS UV BEEN A GREAT HELP Smile...

more_horiz
when u speak to ur mates could u report back to this forum thanks alot Smile...

more_horiz
Yes, he'll get the URL when I see him online soon.
Glad to hear Yoog is gone. Lets uninstall Combofix.

Click Start > Run and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

ComboFix /u

setup.exe has stoped working - Page 1 CF_Cleanup

This will also reset your restore points.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum