WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWhat do I need to setup a DSL network at home? EmptyWhat do I need to setup a DSL network at home?

more_horiz
I have a Laptop and a Computer. Iam waiting for the phone company to install the modem.

descriptionWhat do I need to setup a DSL network at home? EmptyRe: What do I need to setup a DSL network at home?

more_horiz
DSL network? You want the computers to talk to each other or just DSL connection to both of your computers?
If you need internet connection to your computers, today's hardware (including routers and switches) is smart enough to assign you an IP for each computer on your LAN and traffic is being regulated through natting. All you have to do is plug in your cables or set-up wireless network, which may require few more minutes of set-up time. Just ask the phone company guy to explain it to you real quick since it is easier for you to understand when you see it. If you have specific questions, ask them here and we'll get an answer.

Enjoy your DSL speed, hope it is fast Smile...

descriptionWhat do I need to setup a DSL network at home? EmptyRe: What do I need to setup a DSL network at home?

more_horiz
tnx :smile2:

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum