WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionI can't launch the mbam-setup.exe file ... help please EmptyI can't launch the mbam-setup.exe file ... help please

more_horiz
Hello . I hope you guys can help. My computer is infected with a fake security software called "System Security Software Version 4.51". It runs automatically when I turn my computer on...showing some kind of file scan..resulting in 38 trojans and worms etc. It keeps popping up at regular intervals. I tried to download avg free ware from Google before a friend told me about this site. The Spyware blocked my attempt to download anything with the word software in it. Then I came to your site and downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. But it won't launch. The icon is on my desktop...when I attempt to open it and I click "run"...it closes by itself. So what do I do if I can't launch the anti-malware exe. file??

descriptionI can't launch the mbam-setup.exe file ... help please EmptyRe: I can't launch the mbam-setup.exe file ... help please

more_horiz
Topic moved from welcome new members to malware removal.

Welcome to GeekPolice.

Most of the time fake security softwares won't run in Safe mode. I would like you to boot into safe mode by doing the following:

1. Restart your computer
2. Keep tapping F8 while it's booting up
3. You will be presented with a new screen, select Safe Mode
4. Once in Safe Mode, try to run anti-malware.

If it is successful, post the contents of the log file which malwarebytes have created.

If it doesn't work, restart back into normal mode, this time you don't have to tap F8.

Read this topic:

http://www.geekpolice.net/malware-removal-support-hijackthis-logs-f11/read-this-before-posting-t3821.htm

And post a HijackThis log here.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

I can't launch the mbam-setup.exe file ... help please Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum