WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBack already, no sound after reformat EmptyBack already, no sound after reformat

more_horiz
I just reformatted my ze2200 HP Pavillion. I already corrected one issue with the wireless connection, where I had to install missing wireless internet drives, but now the sound won't work.

The sound and audio window in the control panel is completely grayed out. I went to troubleshooting and it provided a link to the volume control, which I clicked, but a warning popped up saying my laptop was missing an audio mixer device.

EDIT: I first went to the HP download website and downloaded both sound drives they had there. But when I tried to install them, I got a window saying "Install Complete! Results: FAILURE."

I'll edit in the current audio devices I have installed later. My wireless connection isn't working for some reason.

Help?

Last edited by PENGUINKK on 7th February 2009, 1:30 am; edited 4 times in total

descriptionBack already, no sound after reformat EmptyRe: Back already, no sound after reformat

more_horiz
oops sorry, i posted on the wrong topic

descriptionBack already, no sound after reformat EmptyRe: Back already, no sound after reformat

more_horiz
Here are the list of devices I have right now under Sound, video and game controllers in device manager:

Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Media Control Device, Legacy Video Capture Devices, and Video Codecs. Am I missing some things?

more_horiz
Are u using Vista? wat bout the CD's u have in the pack?

more_horiz
I've got XP Professional, and the laptop was delivered already installed with the HP stuff, so I didn't get any recovery CDs.

more_horiz
Fixed it! Turns out, the model of my laptop on the barcode sticker was not the actual model. It says a ze2200 by the serial number, when it is actually a ze2000, which is displayed under the screen. So I went to the HP website for the ze2000, downloaded the sound drives, and it works fine.

more_horiz
congrats buddy,

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum