WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionreformat Emptyreformat

more_horiz
Hello

i would like to reformat my hard drive but im not sure if i have all of the discs for my drivers. Is there a way for me to make a disc somehow with only the drivers on it. i have a burner and dvd disc and cd discs. I have so much stuff on the drive that i dont want. i think reformating would be best.

descriptionreformat EmptyRe: reformat

more_horiz
Hi,

All what you need is Windows XP Installation CD. Save your work, files/folders from hard drive to CD or DVD, or easy create backup. Drivers are not the problem, you can download them anywhere from the Internet.

more_horiz
If your concerned about your drivers, which is sometimes the case on newer PCs still using XP I'm pretty sure this program can back them up,
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Other wise that will tell you what hardware you are using, you can use that to find your drivers, put them on a flash drive, and after you format reinstall them.

Personally my network card isn't included in the windows xp disc so I have to manually get the driver on my laptop and transfer it before I can use the internet and get my other drivers like display driver and audio driver.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum