WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionActiveX Controls help please (hurry) EmptyActiveX Controls help please (hurry)

more_horiz
i got a message saying this:

One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:

1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or
2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls

As a result the page may not display correctly.

descriptionActiveX Controls help please (hurry) EmptyRe: ActiveX Controls help please (hurry)

more_horiz
You're using IE7 right? What website gives you this message?

Go to Tools >> Options >> Security Tab and choose Default Level for the Internet Zone. That should prompt you for a question to "Run the ActiveX" instead of blocking it.

You should be careful with allowing ActiveX controls, they could be malicious.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

ActiveX Controls help please (hurry) Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionActiveX Controls help please (hurry) EmptyRe: ActiveX Controls help please (hurry)

more_horiz
i did put of default level but it keeps poping up saying it...

more_horiz
IE7 will block all ActiveX controls from running in the browser except for controls that were explicitly intended for the browser. That list is under the user’s control. Of course, to keep mainstream web sites running, the most commonly used, clearly intended for the web, ActiveX controls (like Flash) will be on that list by default.

The control may not be intended only for the browser from that site.
You should make sure you have the latest version of IE7 and all microsoft security updates. If you still have a problem download Firefox and use it, it is better and faster anyway.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

ActiveX Controls help please (hurry) Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
i don't use IE7 no more...but i use Firefox...

more_horiz
According to my knowledge, Firefox does not support ActiveX. You would have to switch to IE to use it. Please provide us the link to the site you are referring to so that we have a better understanding of what is going on.

ActiveX Controls help please (hurry) Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum