WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows XP Home Edition Partition hurry help!!! EmptyWindows XP Home Edition Partition hurry help!!!

more_horiz
Geek Police,

Hello I am trying to get back to my original partition but don't know how to find it. I have a lot of stuff on my new partition but not a lot of memory space. How do I get back to my old partition where most of my family pictures are and we don't want to lose. Also how do we get there and not lose anything from the new partition? Thanks. Please hurry.

descriptionWindows XP Home Edition Partition hurry help!!! EmptyRe: Windows XP Home Edition Partition hurry help!!!

more_horiz
1. Go to My Computer
2. You should see two drives, most likely C: and another letter
3. Locate to C:/Documents and Settings/Your Name/My Documents/My Pictures assuming you saved them there, if they aren't in My Pictures you can still navigate through C: and find them and run them on the new partition and even copy them over to restore them.

What it sounds like you did was create a new partition and installed a new operating system that didn't detect your old one properly therefor not creating the option to boot into the old one, it is still accessible though using the steps above.

descriptionWindows XP Home Edition Partition hurry help!!! EmptyRe: Windows XP Home Edition Partition hurry help!!!

more_horiz
Yes I have the recent pics stored on the C drive here. I would lik eto get to the old partition where there was a lot more memory and older pictures. When I boot up windows XP gives me two options but the old second option asked for a password but I don't ever remember giving a password to get into the partition. How do that? Thanks...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum