WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSymantec/Norton EmptySymantec/Norton

more_horiz
I'm trying to fix up my old computer, and on the advice I have been advised not to use Norton.
Problem being I already have Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate edition on there, and I am using Zone Alarm Pro firewall.
No system problems yet!

I can't seem to find any info on the Symantec Anti-viruss I keep getting back Norton Anti-virus. I know they are the same company.

Is there actually a difference with these products, and are they both as bad as each other?
What EFFECTIVE anti-virus can I use with Zone Alarm Pro with full system stability.

Kaspersky is on my other machine, but I don't want to use the same key on this machine, besides it expires in 3 weeks anyway.

Regards

descriptionSymantec/Norton EmptyRe: Symantec/Norton

more_horiz
Yes, Symantec and Norton are the same, both as good as each other.
Choose from one of these 3 FREE easy to use anti-virus programs.

1) Antivir PersonalEditionClassic
-Free anti-virus software for Windows.
-Detects and removes more than 50,000 viruses. Free support.
2) avast! 4 Home Edition
-Anti-virus program for Windows.
-The home edition is freeware for noncommercial user.
3) AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
- Free edition of the AVG anti-virus program for Windows.
- Available for single computer use for home and non commercial use.

It is strongly recommended that you run only one antivirus program at a time. Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and false virus alerts.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Symantec/Norton DXwU4
Symantec/Norton VvYDg

more_horiz
Norton Antivirus is usually for home users, whereas Symantac Antivirus is usually for corporate users.

If I'm not wrong, Norton Antivirus has a 1 year license that you have to pay on a year to year basis. Symantec Antivirus has an unlimited license (I think). So they are pretty much the same actually, apart from like licenses.

Pretty much any antivirus would work along with Zonealarm. I would suggest AVG, Avast! or Antivir. If you are willing to go for a commercial antivirus, you can try Kaspersky or NOD32.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Symantec/Norton Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Most thanks for that, I will uninstall Symantec for AVG, if it seems the best option.

It will be magic if it doesn't leave any traces on my PC, think i'll go for the removal tool.!

Thanks again

Regards

more_horiz
you can use Avg or Avast or eset antivirus

Symantec/Norton Vikikascopy
Symantec/Norton Vikiphotoshopcopy
Symantec/Norton Yahoovikicopy
Symantec/Norton Vikimsncopy
Symantec/Norton Vikiskypecopy
Symantec/Norton Vikifirefoxcopy
Symantec/Norton Vikigamercopy

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum