This tutorial will teach you how to completely remove or uninstall certain security programs. You may need the removal tool that developer provides.
Completely Uninstall Norton software using:
- Please download and save SymNRT.exe to your desktop.
- Close all programs and double click on the tool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer if asked.
- Then delete the SymNRT.exe tool from your desktop.
- Open the Program Files folder on your local disk ( normally C: )
- Find and delete the following folders (if present):
- Norton AntiVirus
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton SystemWorks
- Norton Personal Firewall
Completely Uninstall Avast software using aswClear.exe:
- Download aswClear.exe on to your desktop
- Start Windows in Safe Mode
- Open (execute) the uninstall utility
- If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
- Click REMOVE
- Restart your computer
Completely Uninstall AVG software
Download and run avgremover.exe
For 32-Bit, Download: avgremover.exe
Fore 64-Bit, Download: avgremoverx64.exe
Completely Uninstall Kaspersky software
Download and run kavremover9.zip
The product check can be skipped at the command line in case there are traces left on the system of a Kaspersky product that the check did not discover automatically.
The syntax would be to run kavremover9.exe and add the product that should be removed as a parameter. Here is the parameter list:
would remove all traces of Kaspersky Antivirus 2009 from the system.
Completely Uninstall McAfee software
Download the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool
Using McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool
· Double click the MCPR.exe
· A Command Line window will be displayed, and then close automatically.
· Wait for a second Command Line window to be displayed. Note: Do not double-click MCPR.exe again, you may have to wait up to 1 minute for the next window to appear.
· After the second window appears, the program will begin the cleanup.
· Observe the installation, which could take several minutes. The following message will be displayed in the Command Line window: The machine must reboot to complete the un-installation. Reboot now? [y.n]
· Press Y on the keyboard.
· Wait for the computer to restart.
· All McAfee products are now removed from your computer.
Completely Uninstall NOD32 Software
Download the Nod32 Removal Tool
Nod32 Removal tool is developed by Nod32 Netherlands so it is available only in the Dutch language.
To remove your NOD32 software double-click on nod32removal.exe, select Yes, and wait for confirmation to completely remove Nod32 antivirus software from your computer.
Completely Uninstall F-Secure Software
Download the F-Secure Removal Tool
Extract UITool3-420.zip and run the extracted file. Note that it will automatically restart your system.
Completely uninstall Avira
Download the Avira Uninstallation Package
Extract the tool and run it.