WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Problems with browser and Creative Mixer

2 posters

descriptionProblems with browser and Creative Mixer  - Page 2 EmptyRe: Problems with browser and Creative Mixer

more_horiz
Last night, I attempted to go through each Addon in Firefox, I would remove one, and restart firefox, but the problem still persisted.  But, when I attempted to disable Shockwave, Shockewave for Director, and Adobe Acrobat and I rebooted Firefox, Firefox would still be running in Task Manager.  After about 20 minutes I would end process, and when I opened Firfox again, the addons I disabled, Shockwave, Shockewave for Director, and Adobe Acrobat, were still active.  I could not disable them.  Is there a work around for disabling those that I am missing?  Also, just what addons does Firefox itself need to run?

As for SVChost, how do I get to Process Explorer in XP?

descriptionProblems with browser and Creative Mixer  - Page 2 EmptyRe: Problems with browser and Creative Mixer

more_horiz
Uninstall Adobe Shockwave or Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat to see issue resolves.

"Download Process Explorer"
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

............................................................................................

FreeBooter
Problems with browser and Creative Mixer  - Page 2 1363

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
These are some of the things that are running that I am not sure about.  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3vz64nbcu7alh/Processes_Running

more_horiz
This shows the high svchost, https://www.mediafire.com/folder/0e2kkm7h9s4iv/svchost

more_horiz
All the processes are legit belongs to Microsoft.

I see one of the Svchost.exe utilizing CPU lot more than others double click this Svchost.exe and post a screenshot of the Services tab.

............................................................................................

FreeBooter

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
This is the folder, there are two screen captures.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0e2kkm7h9s4iv

more_horiz
GypsyCowgirl wrote:
This is the folder, there are two screen captures.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0e2kkm7h9s4iv

Along with the above link, I noted something.  When I kill the enormous process that is hogging so much CPU, my audio is killed.  So, the audio is one of the things running in that process.  If I kill that enormous process, I can run Chrome without a problem.  If that big process is running, I can not get online.

more_horiz
We need to find out which service is causing the high CPU usage to do that you need to stop the services one at time and each time you have stop a service check the CPU usage when you find out which service causing the problem disable the service from Services Manager. You can open Services Manager by typing services.msc into Run dialog box.

FreeBooter

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
What I have noted is that it is the Windows Automatic update inside that svchost that is using a lot of CPU.  However, Firefox hogs a LOT of the CPU.  If I open Chrome it will run.  However Firefox has a hard time running because it is hogging all the CPU.  I would just use Chrome, but some of the sites I need to use won't open in Chrome, and have to be used in Firefox.

more_horiz
I have restarted Firefox in safe mode, and while running in safe mode the CPU usage is very low, unless a page is loading, then it goes up to 100% usage, but once the page loads it drops to low usage.

more_horiz
Please install all Windows updates and see Windows Update CPU usage normalized.

If the bug or issue you're experiencing vanishes when you open Firefox in Safe Mode, the problem is probably caused by your add-ons.

FreeBooter

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum