WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Problems with browser and Creative Mixer

2 posters

descriptionProblems with browser and Creative Mixer  EmptyProblems with browser and Creative Mixer

more_horiz
Dr. Jay sent, me to this area.  He showed me how to clean a number of Rouge ugly's out of my PC.  Howerer I am still having problems.  He felt I need to come to this board instead.  Below is what I copied and pasted from the last things I explained what was going on, and then what is going on right now.

After installing Avast. Firefox started hesitating.  There was an Avast icon at the top right of Firefox. When I would do a search, a checkmark would show next to Avast approved sites, and a question mark next to the questionable sites.  

I would type a few lines in Google email, or on here, a few words would type out, then it would freeze for 15 - 20 seconds.  Then the words would register again.   This seems to have started since installing Avast.  I did a Refresh in Firefox, and when it restarted, I could no longer play Youtube videos.  I get a black screen.  I have found that anything that has to load, like a video or graph will not load.  Chrome is not working either.

I ran an Avast scan, and I got a message stating I am vulnerable to Wannacry Ransomware, and to click on this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55245, to download a patch.  I clicked on the link and it took me to a sight through Firefox, which seemed odd, because in the past i have been forced to used IE, to get updates.  I did not attempt to install what is on that page, I instead searched from my PC, which took me to IE, to see if there were any updates, and there were not.

after refreshing Firefox, the Avast icon was gone from Firefox, and there are no longer Avast check marks, and question marks next to Google links in a Google search.

Another thing that has been going on, that has not stopped, is Creative Mixer keeps opening.  I close it, it opens right back up.  It comes to the forefront of everything over and over again preventing me from typing or doing anything.  Some days it doesn't popup at all.  Today is the worse

Dr. Jay told me to Go to CCleaner > Tools > Startup 
Find CTsvcCDA.EXE (or just "CTsvcCDA"), right click and hit Disable or press the Disable butto
​​
n
​.  

Did not find the above
​  ​

Now Creative Mixer pops in front of everything I do.  I attempt  to log into Ebay on Firefox and Avast popped up, stating threat has been secured.  We've successfully aborted connection on www.ebay.com

JS: Redirecter-BKD-[TRJ]

URL https://www.ebay.com/rdr/js/s/rr

bundle - V1.02.js

C: Programs Files\ Mozilla Firefox/ firefox.exe

Detected by Web 
Shield

Satus Connection Aborted

Thank you

descriptionProblems with browser and Creative Mixer  EmptyRe: Problems with browser and Creative Mixer

more_horiz
Can you check Firefox Add-ons to see if Avast has one. To manage Add-ons press Ctrl + Shift + A keys.

Use Secunia PSI to update installed applications.

Make sure to install all Windows updates.

We should found out if its Avast causing all the problems you should uninstall Avast antivirus but make sure to visit only trusted website while Avast is uninstalled.

Scan with Autoruns

Please download Autoruns by Sysinternals and save the file to your desktop.

• Right-click on the AutoRuns.exe icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • It is important that you do not use your machine while the tool is running.
  • Wait patiently until the tool finishes its scanning. You will be notified with the Ready message in the lower left corner upon completion.
  • Go to File menu and select Save.
  • Make sure that the Save as type option is set to AutoRuns Data (*.arn) and the place to save will be your desktop. Name it somehow that you'll be able to identify it.

Please attach the file to your next post.
To attach it:

• After typing in your message, click More reply options instead of Post.
  • below the post preview and the post editor, you should be able to see Attach files option - please click Choose file.
  • in the pop-up window navigate to the desktop. Choose the one previously mentioned and attach it.

If the file will be to big to attach it (it may happen), then please host it on a Dropbox account or a site like mediafire.com, providing me the link to the uploaded file

descriptionProblems with browser and Creative Mixer  EmptyRe: Problems with browser and Creative Mixer

more_horiz
Posting results for first step.  I have been running Secunia PSI, for over 24 hours.  There were many things updated, however it shows items such as Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.x is updating, but this has been going on for 24 hours, so it seems it is not truly updating.  Same applies to, Verifying Update Adobe Reader XI 11.x, Macromedia Shockware Player, and Microsoft Windows Media Player 8.x.  There are Microsoft items, like Microsoft.net Framework, Microsfot Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office Excel 2003, Microsoft Removel Tool: Blaster/Nachi, Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.x, that are either no longer able to update because they are Windows XP programs, or I am directed to a page with a list of updates to choose from, but I am not sure that any of them are the correct updates, because this is an XP system.  Secunia updated 86%, and since it doesn't seem to be doing anything else, I am shutting it down, and going to the next task.

more_horiz
Try to update applications with Heimdal Free program.

more_horiz
I have not yet unistalled Avast, but I looked in the Firefox add ons, plug ins, etc., in normal mode, and did not find Avast.  When I open Firefox in Safe Mode with Networking, I can see Avast running.  In Safe Mode I can play Youtube Videos and Firefox runs smoothly.  The only extra item in Firefox Normal Mode, opposed to Safe Mode, is Google Talk Plugin Video Renderer, which is set to Ask To Activate, so I am not sure that is the problem.

more_horiz
Dr. Jay had advised I install Heimdal, as well.  I did so, but what happened is, I install it, tell it to run, and then nothing else happens.  I can not tell if it is running in the background or not.

more_horiz
You can uninstall Avast and use Avira Antivirus its free.

I need you to post Autoruns log.

more_horiz
I originally had AVG.  Dr, Jay had me uninstall AVG, and I tried to install Avira, but it does not support Windows XP, so I could not get it to install.  I was only able to install Avast.

more_horiz
This is the link to the Autorun Scan

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e71ajgtv55z3uyg/AutoRun_Info.arn

more_horiz
Hi GypsyCowgirl,

Do you want me to remotely connect to your computer?

more_horiz
Is this something you need to do, or can you guide me through the needed steps?

more_horiz
Would you do this through Team Viewer?

more_horiz
There is more than few settings i need to check and delete.

more_horiz
GypsyCowgirl wrote:
Would you do this through Team Viewer?

Yes we will use Team Viewer i have no mic so we can't talk but we can use TV message feature to talk.

more_horiz
Do you have a link to install Team Viewer for XP?  I had Team Viewer, but when I had rouge spyware in my PC, it kept activating on it's own.  Superdave recommended I remove it until we got all the junk out.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum