WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComputer Infected and Tough Getting It Cleaned - Page 1 EmptyRe: Computer Infected and Tough Getting It Cleaned

more_horiz
This is what I got:

SystemLook 30.07.11 by jpshortstuff
Log created at 22:55 on 29/10/2017 by lee
Administrator - Elevation successful

========== dir ==========

c:\_torrents - Parameters: "(none)"

---Files---
desktop.ini --ahs-- 169 bytes [11:17 26/10/2017] [06:13 14/01/2017]

---Folders---
Completed dr----- [11:17 26/10/2017]
Downloading dr----- [11:17 26/10/2017]
_TorrentFiles dr----- [11:18 26/10/2017]

c:\_torrents\_torrentfiles - Parameters: "(none)"

---Files---
desktop.ini --ahs-- 169 bytes [11:18 26/10/2017] [06:13 14/01/2017]

---Folders---
Completed dr----- [11:18 26/10/2017]
Downloading dr----- [11:18 26/10/2017]

c:\_torrents\_torrentfiles\completed - Parameters: "(none)"

---Files---
desktop.ini --ahs-- 123 bytes [11:18 26/10/2017] [18:05 25/01/2017]

---Folders---
None found.

-= EOF =-

descriptionComputer Infected and Tough Getting It Cleaned - Page 1 EmptyRe: Computer Infected and Tough Getting It Cleaned

more_horiz
Malwarebytes' scanner

If this program is already installed: Skip the installation and run only the scan! If you have an old version called "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" then you need to completely upgrade it to version 3. Please ensure to update according to instructions below.

Download and install: Please download Malwarebytes' scanner to your desktop.

• Double-click mb3-setup-consumer-3.x.x.xxxx and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • Click Finish.
  • On the Dashboard, click the 'Check for Updates' button.
  • After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now' button.
  • A Threat Scan will begin. Please allow it to progress through the scanning process.
  • When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Quarantine Selected button to allow the program to clean what was detected.
  • In most cases, a restart will be required.
  • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.

How to get logs: (Export log to save as txt)

• After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open Malwarebytes once more.
  • Click on the Reports tab > Scan Report. (if you have done more than one scan in the past, select the most recent that shows the Date and time of the scan just performed. Press View Report button.
  • Click 'Export'.
  • Click 'Text file (*.txt)'
  • In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
  • In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click Ok
  • Find the log on your Desktop and Attach that saved log to your next reply.

(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)

ESET online/downloaded scanner

If you use Internet Explorer to get the ESET Online Scanner, you won't have to download, nor install the tool, as everything will be ran in a contextual (pop-up) window of Internet Explorer. However, for every other browsers, you will have to download and install ESET Online Scanner. In this set of instruction, I'll use Google Chrome to download it and run it (since a lot of people will do it), however, except for the download and installation procedure, the same instructions applies if you use Internet Explorer. Please note that two or three prompts will appear if you use Internet Explorer asking you to reload the page, authorize the application, execute it, etc. Accept all of them in order to run ESET Online Scanner.

• Download and execute ESET Online Scanner (on this window, click on ESET Smart Installer to trigger the download). People accessing this URL via Internet Explorer will start the integration process of ESET Online Scanner in their browser;
  • Once the installation is done (it requires Admin Rights), check the following settings (two of them are under Advanced Settings, click on it to display them) :

• Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications;
    • Scan archives;
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications;
    • Optional : If you want to scan more drives, click on Change... and select the drives you want to include in the scan;

Computer Infected and Tough Getting It Cleaned - Page 1 Ii1p6C2
  • After you're done checking these options, click on Start and ESET Online Scanner will download it's virus signature database before starting the scan;
    Computer Infected and Tough Getting It Cleaned - Page 1 Pbl6QoP
  • Once done, the scan will start automatically. Detections will appear at the bottom of the window. ESET Online Scanner can have an extremely long scan time that can last between 2 or 3 hours. So if you start the scan, do not interrupt it, let it complete until the end;
    Computer Infected and Tough Getting It Cleaned - Page 1 IYk249p
  • After the scan is finished, a summary window will appear to give you the information about the scan. Then you'll have to the option to see what threads were found and to manage the threats that were quarantined;
    Computer Infected and Tough Getting It Cleaned - Page 1 SQWS5b1
  • Click on List of found threats, it'll display every threat identified during that scan, their type and what action was taken against them. Click on Copy to clipboard to copy these results on our clipboard and post them in your next reply;
    Computer Infected and Tough Getting It Cleaned - Page 1 OkgGDKc
  • Once you're done, click on the Back button;
  • Check both checkboxes at the bottom: Uninstall application on close and Delete quarantined files before clicking on the Finish button;

ZOEK scanner

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on Computer Infected and Tough Getting It Cleaned - Page 1 51a612a8b27e2-Zoek icon and select Computer Infected and Tough Getting It Cleaned - Page 1 RunAsAdmin Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:

Code:

createsrpoint;
    process;
    services-list;
    systemspecs;
    startupall;
    skipfix-iedefaults;
    firefoxlook;
    chromelook;
    filesrcm;
    installedprogs;

• Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Please include its content in your next reply.
Don't forget to re-enable your switched-off protection software!

Tip
Please ensure the Malwarebytes' scanner, ESET scanner, and ZOEK logs are posted in your next reply, as long as they ran fine. If one or more did not run well, please let me know.

more_horiz
How's this going?

more_horiz
Hey im sorry, i haven't gotten back earlier. I got it to a point where malwarbytes doesn't detect any threats and after that I have been playing catch up spending all day in Photoshop the last 2 days working on backed up work. As soon as I get to catch up point later tonight Im going to back track and do the last 2 posts i seen you posted for me, thanks.

more_horiz
Okay, thanks for the update. Don't hurry.

more_horiz
Sorry, wanted to get back to you that I finally kicked this virus' ass. Im still finding it in random places though. I just have so many files through 5 internal hard drives and 2 external. Thank you for your help through this!

more_horiz
Do you require further assistance then or is this solved?

more_horiz
I’d say it’s solved & thank you again for your help!

more_horiz
You're welcome. Thanks for the update. Topic marked as solved.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum