WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionTrojan.Dropper.MSIL - Page 1 EmptyRe: Trojan.Dropper.MSIL

more_horiz
Dear Superdave
I am posting this morning from my new laptop as, sadly, my old one has crashed.
I was able to run StartupLite but it didn't seem to find anything to remove. Later that day my wireless internet connection disappeared. I tried rebooting to see if it would come back and got a Windows startup repair screen. It was late by then so I chose the option for just shutting it down. The next morning it wouldn't boot up at all. Fortunately, since I had plenty of warning, I was able to backup everything I needed. I will eventually try turning it back on again and see if I can reload Windows or reformat the hard drive (not something I've ever done). For now, I have had enough of staring at little blue circles and blank screens.

Thanks very much for your help. Wish I had contacted you sooner. One last question. Is it possible that the Trojan made my machine crash or was that more likely something else?
best
css

more_horiz
Is it possible that the Trojan made my machine crash or was that more likely something else?

Malware does not want to disable your computer. They want it running so they can steal information and other such things. I was more than likely a problem with hardware (hard drive or RAM) or heating.It could even be the motherboard.

more_horiz
Thanks for your expertise and help.
best
css

more_horiz
You're welcome. I will lock this thread. If you need it re-opened, please send me a pm.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum