WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows update error 80070490 not resolved with "repair install"  - Page 1 EmptyRe: Windows update error 80070490 not resolved with "repair install"

more_horiz
all that i have is the windows vista reinstallation DVD; i do not have any XP CD's. Will the Vista DVD work?

descriptionWindows update error 80070490 not resolved with "repair install"  - Page 1 EmptyRe: Windows update error 80070490 not resolved with "repair install"

more_horiz
So I went ahead and tried SFC scan with the Windows Vista DVD in and it completed the scan with 100% verification. The scan stated that it found corrupt files but not all could be fixed. The CBS.log file is EXTREMELY long, do I need to post the results?

more_horiz
Sorry, the information on your thread says you're running XP. Your best bet would be to backup your important data and figure out a way to do a repair or re-install.

more_horiz
Where on the thread does it say I'm running XP? I'm confused.

My second post on this thread from the AdwCleaner log shows the operating system as Windows Vista. Am I missing something?

Thanks! :-)

more_horiz
pklong wrote:
Where on the thread does it say I'm running XP?  I'm confused.

My second post on this thread from the AdwCleaner log shows the operating system as Windows Vista.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!  :-)
It's right there in your profile.

more_horiz
Ahh, I see... Guess I need to update my profile. That was an old computer that I do not use anymore.

So is there no hope for fixing this issue? I really dread having to do a complete re-install.

more_horiz
pklong wrote:
Ahh, I see... Guess I need to update my profile.  That was an old computer that I do not use anymore.

So is there no hope for fixing this issue?  I really dread having to do a complete re-install.
You can continue to do a repair. If you can't do that, a complete re-install will be the next option.

more_horiz
The reason you can't use the "upgrade" part of your reinstallation CD is because you're running Service Pack 2. Your reinstallation CD is service pack 1. You must go into your windows update, click "update history", then click "installed updates"

You can just type "service pack" in the search bar to help you find it in the list. Then right click it, and uninstall it.

Try running your CD again. "Upgrade" should no longer be greyed out. It will run through the compatibility checker, and if everything is ok, it'll reinstall the windows over the top of the programs your already have. If something is not compatible, it sends a document to your desktop and a weird blank pop-up message. At least, that's what it did in my case. Good luck!

I don't frequent this forum, but if you need more help, send me an email at Chris42Arnold@yahoo.com with "vista upgrade" in the subject line.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum