WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDell Desktop EmptyDell Desktop

more_horiz
Hello, 

One day when I started the computer, a message "Auto detect (digital) self test feature check" came up and dancing on my desktop screen. Screen is all black and just the box with red, green, blue and white is floating. Keyboard does not work and I don't know what to do. This is DELL. is this broken? please help.

descriptionDell Desktop EmptyRe: Dell Desktop

more_horiz
This isn't a computer problem, it is a monitor problem. You can try to switch the monitor manually to either analog or digital by using one of the buttons on the front of it. The permanent fix is to use the control panel and power settings and change it so the monitor does not turn off. Rarely this can be caused by a non functioning video card or a defective monitor, but usually just the power setting.

more_horiz
thank you for your response. changed to the monitor to analog then other message comes up saying that monitor is in power save mode. screen still remains black. pressed the other button on the monitor, and it says message: there is no signal coming from computer. press any key or... 
i pressed a key but no response.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum