WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAcer Aspire Laptop Not powering on EmptyAcer Aspire Laptop Not powering on

more_horiz
Hi,

I have my ACER Aspire 5534-1096 Laptop for about 2 years, while it was working using the power supply, suddenly shut-down and it does not power-up again (even if using the power adapter. Note: I think my battery is discharged). No response at all and the laptop is completely dead.

I tried another power adapter and even I tried to wiggle the power cord, no light comes on and it is completely dead. I opened it inside to see if any component is disconnected, I did not see any suspicious loose wire or component. I'm not sure if it will be the power switch small board, or cooling fan thermal switch, or the motherboard or something else.

Is there any help to know which part should be replaced?

Thanks for your help

descriptionAcer Aspire Laptop Not powering on EmptyRe: Acer Aspire Laptop Not powering on

more_horiz
Sounds bad. I'd pull the RAM, hard drive and CD/ROM drive. While you have it apart, pull the BIOS battery. Pull the main battery and disconnect the AC supply. Let it sit for 30 minutes.

Plug in the AC supply and see if it shows any signs of life. If it does, put pieces back in one at a time and try to start each time another piece is added. I'd start with the BIOS battery.

Other than that, it's most likely something on the main board. Possibly expensive to repair.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum