WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow to remove Acer Aspire 5290-6864 Laptop Keyboard EmptyHow to remove Acer Aspire 5290-6864 Laptop Keyboard

more_horiz
I am trying replace the keyboard on an Acer Aspire 5290-6864 laptop and I am unable to remove it. I have searched and read and watched different tutorials on the web but they are for different Aspires than the 5290 and are laid out totally different than this one. I did see the one post about someones kid throwing up on the keyboard of this particular model but they never said how they actually removed the keyboard. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Happy Birthday

descriptionHow to remove Acer Aspire 5290-6864 Laptop Keyboard EmptyRe: How to remove Acer Aspire 5290-6864 Laptop Keyboard

more_horiz
Hello,

This video might help:

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

How to remove Acer Aspire 5290-6864 Laptop Keyboard Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionHow to remove Acer Aspire 5290-6864 Laptop Keyboard EmptyRe: How to remove Acer Aspire 5290-6864 Laptop Keyboard

more_horiz
thank you for your quick reply but this keyboard setup isn't like that at all. I have taken the 5 screws out of the battery bay, 3 on the bottom the 2 extra screws on the top of the bay and the 2 along side it. I have taken the top bezel with the power button off the board. then there is a white plastic that goes over the whole top of the laptop and the keyboard lies in the middle. There are not the normal screws on the top by the F5 and F10 keys I have tried to lift the white plastic off but that is held by 2 tiny tiny gold ring type things, so I went to the underside and took that off and unable to find where its being attached too.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum