WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionVirus/Malware won't let me open certain programs.  - Page 1 EmptyRe: Virus/Malware won't let me open certain programs.

more_horiz
Click on the Resource Monitor (go to the Memory tab and you'll see what I show from my system below), because both of the top two processes do not come close to 1 GB of memory usage.

MBAM at the top is only sitting at 97 MB.

What you see in the performance tab is the total memory being used from the entire system.

When you go to the Resource Manager and click on the Memory tab, you will see how it is all split up like this:

Virus/Malware won't let me open certain programs.  - Page 1 Memoryusage

Closer look, click here.

descriptionVirus/Malware won't let me open certain programs.  - Page 1 EmptyRe: Virus/Malware won't let me open certain programs.

more_horiz
I'm looking at that, do you want me to post anything or should i be looking for something?

Right not it's running at 1.65GB. It's gone up even more, I think there is a problem for sure >.<

more_horiz
Go ahead with a screenshot of that information as you see it in your Resource Monitor, please.

more_horiz
Okay

Virus/Malware won't let me open certain programs.  - Page 1 Ram11

more_horiz
I honestly see no problem with that at all!

My operating system runs at a similar percentage all the time and so does many of my other users.

more_horiz
Well, it seems to be running okay but was just weird that it seems to be using more memory than it used to thats all.

Could i ask one more thing? I'm going to upgrade a little soon, and im not sure what to do. I have 2 options.

Option 1. Buy a few pc parts from my friend, not sure of the exact motherboard/processor/ram but it runs at 3.6ghz over clocked 24/7 stable. It's a pretty decent setup for what hes asking and that's £150 including a Case/750w powersupply. But i'll have to pay at least £20 for postage.

So lets say a total price of £170-180.
Then i'd probably have to buy another stick of ram, i mean.. it comes with 2GB. That's not enough, id need at least 4GB so add another £20 on at least.

Or option 2. Buy a brand new motherboard/processor/ram for around £150. I don't need a new case nor do i need a powersupply. But here's what im looking at for my price range, though I don't know a great deal about pcs just enough to get me by..

For processors it's either:
http://www.ebuyer.com/254976-intel-core-i3-2100-3-10ghz-socket-1155-3mb-l3-cache-retail-boxed-bx80623i32100

or

http://www.ebuyer.com/254978-intel-core-i3-2120-3-3ghz-socket-1155-3mb-l3-cache-retail-boxed-bx80623i32120

Then for motherboards:

http://www.ebuyer.com/266605-asus-p8h61-m-le-usb3-intel-h61-socket-1155-8-channel-hd-audio-matx-p8h61-m-le-usb3-r3-0

(It has DDR3 ports for memory and the current Motherboard I have is this:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3960

Also using DDR3. So I won't have to buy any new ram, as the 4GB stick i have currently will be useable.

And that will only come to £136.30. Also the motherboard from my friend has 1 pci-e damaged port, not that i want to run 2x cards but damage is never nice.

What i'll be doing with my system is playing online games, such as bf3. You might say ''this isnt strong/powerful enough for bf3'' from looking at recomended systems, though currently you know the MB i am using, not great and I have a intel celeron 2.6ghz processor running on it and currently im able to play BF3 in high settings, one down from ultra though sometimes i experience lag.

Would this mb/processor give me the nice boost i need in cpu performance? Ty in advance and i promise this is my last question!

more_horiz
Well, it seems to be running okay but was just weird that it seems to be using more memory than it used to thats all.

For this Lukey, it's just that more and more applications (programs) these days are running at better rates and virtualization. This can be problematic sometimes, because for the lower ended computers may not have a good processor that supports virtualization, so their computer will not handle the requests properly or as quickly. This, in turn, can lead to system slowdown, more memory usage, processor consumption, etc. The more time passes, the better programs will get, particularly for Windows 8.

Now, for buying a new processor, yes it might be fine, but does your current processor support virtualization? If you can post your processor make/model, I can look it up.

Processors are the only thing that can give you a boost in CPU performance. Since a CPU and a processor are the same thing.

A lot of people find it a better relief to upgrade 2 GB RAM more than they have already. However, the performance (in your mind) will not last very long, if you're not able to get used to how it functions!

Computers only work to fit customer's needs, but there is no single way to satisfy any customer 100% with computing. Some people want 16 GB of RAM, and some only want 2-3 GB.

I work with 3 GB RAM on a dual-core processor. I'm also a software engineer manager and need a good computer to look at software builds, and other important information (such as bugs, application artifacts, etc.). However, it gets me by all the time, I have no major issues with performance.

On top of that, Internet TV works well on my machine and I can play most low-end games, and this just makes it have many additional benefits.

It's all how you're willing to handle it.

If you're a gamer, and want a good computer to run Battlefield or COD, then a higher end computer would be recommended (Quad-core or Ivy Bridge processor, nVidia graphics, and 8 GB RAM).

If you're an internet quickie or desktop publisher, like me, then a lower-end computer should be fine (Dual-core processor with virtualization, ATI graphics, and 3-4 GB RAM).

Hope this helps!

more_horiz
Basically I just need a CPU performance boost, because BF3 is very CPU intensive, I have right now 4GB ram, Nvidia GTX 550 ti 1GB graphics card which is basically doing all the work, im really putting effort on my 2.6ghz CPU. And I can fell that lag sometimes (quite often) though im still able to play most maps.

I think this is mine, pretty certain.

http://ark.intel.com/products/42772/Intel-Celeron-Processor-E3400-%281M-Cache-2_60-GHz-800-MHz-FSB%29

I figured this CPU.

http://www.ebuyer.com/254976-intel-core-i3-2100-3-10ghz-socket-1155-3mb-l3-cache-retail-boxed-bx80623i32100

Along with this motherboard:

http://www.ebuyer.com/266605-asus-p8h61-m-le-usb3-intel-h61-socket-1155-8-channel-hd-audio-matx-p8h61-m-le-usb3-r3-0

Will be a strong performance boost.

more_horiz
Your processor appears to be a fine suit!

Play most maps in what game?

I can help point you to the right products and can check the ones you have posted there.

more_horiz
Battle Field 3 Smile... sometimes i really lag out because of my CPU isnt to the recomending system requirements

using:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

CPU FAI:
CPU
Minimum: 2 GHz DUAL CORE (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz)
You Have: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU E3400 @ 2.60GHz

so i believe 3.10ghz i3 will be enough ^^

more_horiz
Yeah, if that's what would help it work well with BF3, then go for it! Hope it works out.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum