WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionResponse for "Computer Just Running Slow" by rjuneau EmptyResponse for "Computer Just Running Slow" by rjuneau

more_horiz
I am writing this on my wife's computer, because after running combo-fix, nothing else will run. Here's what I did:
1. Downloaded combo-fix as commy.exe & saved to desktop.
2. Disabled virus protection.
3. Clicked on commy.exe ro run it. At no point was there a Start button for me to enter the stuff you wanted me to.
4. The program ran & then rebooted.
5. Saved the text file to desktop
6. Attempted to run IE. Got the message: Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion. Then a 2nd window pops up: Can't open this item. It might have been moved, renamed or deleted. Do you want to remove this item? Yes/No? I click No
7. The same thing happens with Outlook, MS Office programs.

Should I use the restore point created by combofix? I don't know if you answer on Sunday, but I need to ghet this computer back running today.

descriptionResponse for "Computer Just Running Slow" by rjuneau EmptyRe: Response for "Computer Just Running Slow" by rjuneau

more_horiz
Yes, attempt using the restore point, see if it works.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Response for "Computer Just Running Slow" by rjuneau DXwU4
Response for "Computer Just Running Slow" by rjuneau VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum