WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPossible Virus with Avgcsrvx.exe - Page 2 EmptyRe: Possible Virus with Avgcsrvx.exe

more_horiz
The computer seems to be working fine now. It still seems to be a little lethargic, but no errors and it comes up.

I installed Avast Free as well.

Thank you both for your assistance!

Eric

descriptionPossible Virus with Avgcsrvx.exe - Page 2 EmptyRe: Possible Virus with Avgcsrvx.exe

more_horiz
Do you just have Avast free?

more_horiz
Yes, Previously I had AVG (purchased) and probably could put that back on)I have Malware Bytes (free version) that I run occationally, as well as Spybot (which I also run manually).

Do you have any suggestions to others (hopefully free) protection I should try?

Thank you,

Eric

descriptionPossible Virus with Avgcsrvx.exe - Page 2 EmptyOdd Thing...

more_horiz
On the system that was infected I have seen an odd situation.

When I open Internet explorer I look at Task Manager and see two iexplorer processes opened. If I open two sessions I get four, and so on. If I close one of the sessions, both are closed. I tried this on my other systems and only get one per session.

Is this suppose to happen?

Thanks!

Eric

more_horiz
Yes, that should happen based on how it works and if you have add-ons on that browser.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum