WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHP M8300F Desktop - Heatsink EmptyHP M8300F Desktop - Heatsink

more_horiz
Ok, i bought a HP M8300F DT 4 years ago.
Well today i noticed with speccy mycpu temperature was jumpin 110-120-135-141-130-138 ect. i took the heat sink and fan off, clean them, but still the same thing. i noticed the thermal paste was a really dark grey and mostly dried up, i wiped the clumps off which actually took most of the thermal paste off, well my question is, is it a fan failure or bad thermal paste thats making it get so hot, i had windows 7 32bit then went to 64 and it was 140 degrees, then went back to xp and still 138, i just shut it off, not tryin to melt the processor. normal temperatures are usually 110-115 or 90-100 sitting.

is it a failing fan or do i just need new thermal paste or what? and i noticed my ram used to be dual channel, now its single for some reaso. im fearing it be something more than a 5 dollar bottle of paste thats wrong with my comp.

im afraid to turn my computer back on with no thermal paste between processor and heatsink. so i guess i will wait and get some responses before i even mess with it agian.

AMD Althon 64 x2 6000+ processor @ 3.00 GHZ
4GB DDR 2 Ram
Nvidia Gforce 9400GT 1gb

thanks to any advice

descriptionHP M8300F Desktop - Heatsink EmptyRe: HP M8300F Desktop - Heatsink

more_horiz
well after checking online, i can run my heatsink without thermal paste, and i did, well, its 130-135 sittin with nothing installed driver or software wise in xp. so i dont think its just a thermal paste issue anymore.

any ideas to what i can do.

all my tempature are in farenhiet because i dont like celcus, and my friend is givin me a lil thermal paste to try some new paste since my old paste is 4 years old. i just recently been upgrading my desktop in the last year or so so im hoping the new thermal paste will help keep my dt cooler.

more_horiz
well the thermal paste did the trick, back to normal, i guess carrying this desktop around alot had broken the seal between heatsink and processor.

more_horiz
I have a HP m8300f desktop computer, the motherboard is a HT2000 type MCP61PM-HM rev. This is a writing on it and send 791 LF820 (company code looks like) a small metal cap blue logo. I was told it could be 820uf, but I do not know the voltage! They are next to the upper limit as 6.3 V witch is the same?

............................................................................................

hp coupon code

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum