WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows Repair - Page 1 EmptyRe: Windows Repair

more_horiz
Can you try running ComboFix again please?

more_horiz
Crush wrote:
Can you try running ComboFix again please?

In safe mode?

more_horiz
Normal mode if you can Smile...

more_horiz
Crush wrote:
Normal mode if you can Smile...

Sorry for the late reply, I don't have access to this particular machine (my aunt's) on a consistent basis.

I ran it in normal mode and it seemed to have finished. However I didn't get a log file. It got to the screen that said, "Almost done... This window will close in a short while. Please wait a few seconds for the report log to pop up"

That screen closed but no report popped up. It was just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I gave it like 3 mins and then rebooted. When I rebooted the program appeared to have been removed. I was able to run firefox, but the icons were still hidden. So I used the unhide tool that you mentioned earlier and got the icons back.

Do you want me to run combofix again to produce a log file? Is there anything else I should run to make sure its gone? And what programs should I get to prevent infections such as these? I dl'ed avira anti virus for them, but that's pretty much it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum