WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioni have a very bad problem with the windows Repair Emptyi have a very bad problem with the windows Repair

more_horiz
I have a problem with the pc, the instaler make some problems and i make a mistake i go to Services and i made an error shut down the Rpc Locator something like this after i dont found the connection, and i have to reinstall windows, i give a Repair but i press F3 my fault is:(( and the computer starting to give error mesages, the first was THE FILE ASMS ON WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL IS NEEDED. the 2 OLE ControlC:\WINDOWS\System32\macromedia\flash\flash.ocx Dll Register Server, and the last An error has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing, SETUP FAILED TO INSTALL PRODUCT CATALOGS, THIS IS A FATAL ERROR,THE SETUP LOG FILES SHOULD CONTAIN MORE INFORMATION!!!! After this i tryed to see in Bios but gives me THE HORROR ERROR. i cannot press anything its blocked i try F10 but nothing i renamed catroot to catold, when work....... Setup......is being restarted a blue screen and after black and its restarts again to this point Setup.... is being restarted i try safe mode, last known good configuration, VGA Mode but is still restarting. If i made my pc to work i will never use Repair it destroy my pc please help:((((((((((

descriptioni have a very bad problem with the windows Repair EmptyRe: i have a very bad problem with the windows Repair

more_horiz
How are you trying to install or restore your pc?

Your cdrom is having trouble communicating with your setup\installation

The file 'Asms' on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM is needed. Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.

To resolve this issue, use the appropriate method for your computer.

Hard disk formatted with FAT or FAT32 file system
If the hard disk is formatted with the FAT file system or with the FAT32 file system, follow these steps:
Use a Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me) Startup disk with CD-ROM drivers to restart the computer.
Copy the Xcopy.exe tool from the Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM, the Windows Millennium Edition (Me) CD-ROM, or the hard disk to the Windows Startup disk. To do this, use the appropriate method.
Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM
Insert the Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM in the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then at the command prompt type the following lines, pressing ENTER after you type each line, where cd-rom is the drive letter of the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive:
c:
copy cd-rom:\win98\smartdrv.exe
copy cd-rom:\tools\oldmsdos\xcopy*.*
Windows Millennium Edition (Me) CD-ROM
Insert the Windows Millennium Edition (Me) CD-ROM in the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, at the command prompt type the following lines where cd-rom is the drive letter of the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then press ENTER after you type each line:
c:
copy cd-rom:\win9x\smartdrv.exe
extract cd-rom:\win9x\win_17.cab xcopy.exe /L c:\ xcopy.exe
extract cd-rom:\win9x\win_17.cab xcopy32.exe /L c:\ xcopy32.exe
extract cd-rom:\win9x\win_19.cab xcopy32.mod /L c:\ xcopy32.mod
Hard disk
At the command prompt, type the following lines where drive is the drive letter of the hard disk where Windows is installed, and then press ENTER after you type each line:
c:
copy drive:\windows\smartdrv.*
copy drive:\windows\xcopy*.*
Eject the Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition (Me) CD-ROM, and then insert the Windows XP Professional CD-ROM.
Copy the I386 folder and all its subfolders to the hard disk. To do this, type the following lines at the command prompt where cd-rom is the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive, and drive is the drive letter of the hard disk, and then press ENTER after you type each line:
smartdrv
xcopy cd-rom:\i386 drive:\i386 /e
Restart the computer, and then start the Setup program again.
When you receive the error message, click Browse, and then type the path of the I386 folder on the hard disk.

Hard disk formatted with NTFS file system
If the hard disk is formatted with the NTFS file system and you are upgrading an earlier version of Windows, use one of the following methods.

Method 1
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
When you receive the error message, press SHIFT+F10 to start a command session.
Type regedit.exe, and then press ENTER.
Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
On the File menu, click Load Hive, and then load %Windir%\System32\Config\System.sav.
When you are prompted to specify a name, type Test.
Locate and then click the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Test\ControlSet1\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Delete the UPPERFILTERS and LOWERFILTERS registry keys.
Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the other ControlSet# keys under the Test hive.
Click File, and then click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
If the path in the error message is the correct drive letter for the CD-ROM drive, click OK to continue the Setup program.
If you receive the error message again, the Setup program cannot correctly read from the CD-ROM drive, or the path information is incorrect. In this case, restart your computer and let the Setup program resume.

Method 2
If you cannot start Regedit.exe at the command prompt, and there is another available partition where you can install Windows on the hard disk, follow these steps:
Install Windows in the other partition.
Start the new installation of Windows, and then start Regedit.exe.
Follow the steps in method 1, but load the System.sav hive from the original Windows folder.

Method 3
If you are not using a retail Windows XP CD-ROM with a hologram (for example, if you are using a burned CD-ROM), try to run the Setup program from a retail CD-ROM with a hologram. To verify this, start the computer by using Recovery Console, and then check the C:\$win_nt$.~ls folder. Look for the Asms folder. If the folder is missing or the files that it contains are zero bytes, the CD-ROM was not burned correctly.

descriptioni have a very bad problem with the windows Repair EmptyRe: i have a very bad problem with the windows Repair

more_horiz
Its impossible to use Shift F10 and start the command prompt, before the last error Setup...is being restarted, it works to start the command prompt, i renamed the Catroot2 to catold but is the same, i delete the upperfilters and the lower filters registry key, and nothing, i tryed this %SystemRoot%\System32\Config\System.sav, when the command promt worked, after this the last one keep the computer stuck in Setup...is being restarted is restarting again and again; The computer is stuck in this loop Crying if i would change the Windows CD maybe it will work, i dont know

more_horiz
when i use %SystemRoot%\System32\Config\System.sav, it say something like this could not find the path specified or i dont remember it Crying(

more_horiz
Hmm still researching , give me another day or two!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum