WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCPUID Hardware Monitor help EmptyCPUID Hardware Monitor help

more_horiz
OK so I have a temperature reading on my hardware monitor thats 200+ degrees. Thats really freaking hot. My question is what temperature is that? I can't seem to figure out where that is coming from. If anyone knows please let me know so I can adjust this. I've attached a screen print of the status. Thanks
CPUID Hardware Monitor help Untitl11

Specs:
AMD phenom X3 8750
2 4GB Hyundai electronics RAM PC2 6400
MSI 785GT-E63 motherboard
Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX+
320GB Western Digital WD3200AAJS

descriptionCPUID Hardware Monitor help EmptyRe: CPUID Hardware Monitor help

more_horiz
Well um...your video card, it runs hot, really hot. Usually around 60-65c idle with standard cooling.
But...that seems kinda nuts, also your screenshot is very limited, mind reuploading to tinypic or something?

............................................................................................

Guess I'm not allowed to post my xfire and raptr links...o.o..

more_horiz
Sure I'll repost the image. The first one is the first screen shot from the first post the second link is a screen shot I just too. For whatever reason that high temp value is missing 0_0

~[Filtered]~

Photobucket

more_horiz
~[Filtered]~

more_horiz
Were you doing anything different with the system at the time of the shot?
Also, if I strain my eyes at the low res image, I can't see anything higher than normal...where exactly was the high temp value? I don't see anything related to the number or even close to the number you spoke of....

How are you taking the shots? print screen? if so, pasting into mspaint or something like that and saving without cropping? because the resolution is really low o.o..

............................................................................................

more_horiz
WickedL1 wrote:
Were you doing anything different with the system at the time of the shot?
Also, if I strain my eyes at the low res image, I can't see anything higher than normal...where exactly was the high temp value? I don't see anything related to the number or even close to the number you spoke of....

How are you taking the shots? print screen? if so, pasting into mspaint or something like that and saving without cropping? because the resolution is really low o.o..

Well at the time the high temperature was about 210 degrees give or take. It was located in the temperatures section and lableed "TMPN1". But as of yesterday that high temperature is no longer appearing. I haven't been doing anything differently. I turn the computer on in the morning before I go off for classes and come back and use it in between classes and work. For the most part during the day its idle.

The resolution is 1920X1080 on my computer for the screenshot. And I used paint. I'll just zoom on that particular section so you can see the temperature at least.

https://2img.net/h/i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo329/deviant-onev2dot0/newscreen.png

more_horiz
Ah ha! I see I see and I also see why I couldn't distinguish it. I thought the TMPIN 1 temps were 11.x not 119! lol

Alright, do you know how to get into the bios on your system? should be F2 or DEL once you first hit the power button. There should be a CPU monitor type of menu where it shows you all the temps of the board that the bios can read, which is where software monitors gain the information from to begin with.

If there is no TMPIN 1 then it's something that isn't connected at all and it is creating a number. I've heard of it happening sometimes depending on the board.

This really isn't a proper answer though, so I will ask, can you try different monitors and see if we get the same results? as well as checking the bios for the same temps.

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ (Intel)
http://majorgeeks.com/Motherboard_Monitor_d311.html (This one allows for log keeping as well)

Wish I still had contact with my friend in vegas, he'd know exactly whats with the temp reading, but I doubt it's a real reading at all. Mostly because CPU's tend to shut off at around 110c, and GPU's would shut off at around 100ishc, but you don't have a reading of your GPU at all. Not to mention it would be melting at 119 lol

Let me know what happens Smile...

more_horiz
WickedL1 wrote:
Ah ha! I see I see and I also see why I couldn't distinguish it. I thought the TMPIN 1 temps were 11.x not 119! lol

Alright, do you know how to get into the bios on your system? should be F2 or DEL once you first hit the power button. There should be a CPU monitor type of menu where it shows you all the temps of the board that the bios can read, which is where software monitors gain the information from to begin with.

If there is no TMPIN 1 then it's something that isn't connected at all and it is creating a number. I've heard of it happening sometimes depending on the board.

This really isn't a proper answer though, so I will ask, can you try different monitors and see if we get the same results? as well as checking the bios for the same temps.

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ (Intel)
http://majorgeeks.com/Motherboard_Monitor_d311.html (This one allows for log keeping as well)

Wish I still had contact with my friend in vegas, he'd know exactly whats with the temp reading, but I doubt it's a real reading at all. Mostly because CPU's tend to shut off at around 110c, and GPU's would shut off at around 100ishc, but you don't have a reading of your GPU at all. Not to mention it would be melting at 119 lol

Let me know what happens Smile...

Will do. I'll try all these out today and I'll post back. Thanks for the help!

more_horiz
I decided to run both Speedfan and CPUID on my 3 comps and all three showed normal readings.

Another thing to note, I used to run a Watercooled system and it had a little wire sensor and if I placed it on something really hot, like a copper pipe off the cpu heatsink, it would skyrocket lol. I doubt your system has something like this, but just some interesting information Big Grin

more_horiz
Okie doke. I used the almico speed fan and also opened HW monitor again just so you can see the current comparison. Also the motherboard monitor did not have my motherboard listed. Or at least I didn't see it. But here are the results. Speed fan is picking up the high temp but not the HW monitor.

https://2img.net/h/i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo329/deviant-onev2dot0/Untitled3.png

more_horiz
From what I'm seeing Temp2 is a case temp, which is a general temp. I'm wondering if it's either adding everything together and saying "this is the total ambient temp" There has also been suggestions on other sites that because it's a case temp, it's a randomly generated average because some boards don't come with that sensor.

Where is your 9800GTX+ on HW monitor though? Temp 1 on speedfan is your video card, and that's really cold for the 9800GTX+. Also, your processor is also really cold, so I just can't believe that there is something else in your case producing 127c and nothing else being effected.

I'm going to pretend this is mythbusters and call this false. I'm sorry I can't be more direct. If I were physically there I'd poke and prod with a temp meter lol.

more_horiz
I understand. I appreciate the help though. I was drawing to the conclusion that it was making that up or adding the temps together for whatever reason. I'll do some more poking around myself though. Thank you again for the help!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum