WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMotherboard With PATA & SATA Connectors EmptyMotherboard With PATA & SATA Connectors

more_horiz
I'm upgrading my motherboard so I can run Windows 7. I would like to get a mid price range motherboard & at least a dual core processor and still be able to use my 2 PATA DVD writers and PATA hard drive. The motherboard also needs to have SATA connectors for future use and be able to fit in my midsize computer chassis. I have heard about SATA to PATA connectors but I not sure how they work. Any ideas ? I tried the INTEL website and several compter retail websites but haven't recieved any reponses that can help me. Any help is appreciated. I'm new to computer building but I going to try and build my own by upgrading my current computer case and try to keep as much of my current hardware as I can. Thanks.

descriptionMotherboard With PATA & SATA Connectors EmptyRe: Motherboard With PATA & SATA Connectors

more_horiz
Hi, welcome to GeekPolice.net!

All new motherboard have both SATA and PATA. You can use that SATA-to-PATA conenctors, it's pretty good, my computer work with that. I suggest you Gigabyte H55M-S2H like mine, it has 6 SATA and 1 PATA connector. You can use that PATA for both DVD writers, and you can change each one of SATA to connect your HDD.

............................................................................................

Motherboard With PATA & SATA Connectors V45u80

descriptionMotherboard With PATA & SATA Connectors EmptyRe: Motherboard With PATA & SATA Connectors

more_horiz
Thankyou. I think I will try the SATA to PATA converters like you said. I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

more_horiz
I am glad that i helped Smile...

............................................................................................

Motherboard With PATA & SATA Connectors V45u80

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum