WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComputer not accepting connection.  EmptyComputer not accepting connection.

more_horiz
Morning everyone,

Like the title states, I can't connect to the internet via my router or modem. Didn't change anything, didn't add or delete software, nothing.

Saturday night I was playing WoW when my lat suddenly went through the roof. Game was unplayable so I called it a night, went to bed. I get up the next morning, and try to check my e-mail but now I can't even access the internet. When I click the dignostics tab, it comes up reading "Computer not accpeting connection." I check the network and it clearly reads I have connection but for some reason my computer is not accepting.

I called my cable company because my cable was still working and my Ps3 was STILL logged into the mail section. (Though that may just be because I hadn't tried switching to anything else.) The first guy I talked to did a few things, command promt, IP address, etc to no avail. I still couldn't access the net. I tried removing my router and plugging my desktop directly into the modem, same thing, no access. Not accepting connection but still telling me the connection is there.

The 2nd guy I talked too said my Modem was "Low on Power" and needed an actual tech to come by to fix it.

I guess my actual question is...what the heck is "Low Power" on a modem and how does it actually effect connection? Or make my computer NOT accept it?

............................................................................................

[Place greatest signature of all time here]

descriptionComputer not accepting connection.  EmptyRe: Computer not accepting connection.

more_horiz
Hi, let's try with WinsockFix

Download Winsockfix.exe to your Desktop from THIS link.
After downloading, run winsockfix.exe and press Fix button.
Restart computer after this step.

Can you connect to internet now ?

............................................................................................

Computer not accepting connection.  V45u80

descriptionComputer not accepting connection.  EmptyRe: Computer not accepting connection.

more_horiz
Nazzgull wrote:
Hi, let's try with WinsockFix

Download Winsockfix.exe to your Desktop from THIS link.
After downloading, run winsockfix.exe and press Fix button.
Restart computer after this step.

Can you connect to internet now ?

Unfortunatly bud, I'm actually on another computer right now so I can't download that particular program. The one in question can't access the net at all due to the "Won't accept connection" thingy so I wouldn't even be able to get onto this site. However, when I was on the phone with one of the Time Warner guys he had me type, in the Command Prompt, something pertaining to "Winsock". I honestly can't remember what exactly he had me do but I know it wasn't "Winsockfix" or anything. Whatever he tried unfortunatly failed. Sad tearing

I'll be heading home myself in about an hour to hopefully meet said Tech however, when I get there how would I find or even run Winsockfix?

[Place greatest signature of all time here]

more_horiz
Oh, okay. He probably said you to reset your winsock data, let's do it manually with Command Prompt.

Start > Run > type CMD and press Enter.
In Command Prompt type netsh winsock reset catalog
Now type netsh int ip reset reset.log
Restart your PC.

Something changed ?

Computer not accepting connection.  V45u80

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum