WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionhp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts - Page 1 EmptyRe: hp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts

more_horiz
Hmm, try to Install new copy of Windows XP.

............................................................................................

hp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts - Page 1 V45u80

descriptionhp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts - Page 1 EmptyRe: hp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts

more_horiz
feel so dumb now... i never payed attention to anything on it... i replaced the power supply and that fixed the failure to boot... and the spontanious restarts... and the freezing... cause no i realise its not FREEZING its only a MEGA hang of the processor(i do mean mega... it takes 15-30 secs to turn num lock on/off...)
also i had been trying to install windows... repeatedly... for the last little while but the constant hanging made it well impossible...
i hope this recent and quite delayed info helps if i dont figure it out soon

more_horiz
Took out CPU and clean it, use thermal paste on it and carefully put it back, you have to be sure that all pins are okay! Also, the CPU should lie down easy. Try to check BIOS settings again, and set it to defaults. Also, i suggest you to remove that HDD with 8 Gb, Operating System really need a much more space for normally work!

............................................................................................

more_horiz
yeah so i took the CPU out and cleaned it and the socket but i didn't have anythermal paste so i'll go pick some up at some point this week... i know this problem is something that is either easy or something im over looking...
or maybe im just wasting my time...

more_horiz
I just can't figure what is problem. It suppose to work nice, after all you have done, it should work! Btw, as you said, it's maybe motherboard issue, but i don't think so, because you can run computer. Or you just have some damaged components on motherboard. Maybe, try to change RAM memory, i don't have idea.

more_horiz
Errors generated by the software program may cause the computer to restart unexpectedly or without warning. If you are running Windows XP see the "For Windows XP users" section below before continuing.

hp coupon code

more_horiz
thread necromancy, my friend, that computer is now parts used throughout my other computers and friends computers

more_horiz
you all might hate me, but i want people who see this to know that i know what the problem was, and i have used this in several other problem's instances
the RAM ALL 4 modules were no good causing the computer to randomly freeze, the same thing happened with 2 other computers with different RAM and when i removed the faulty sticks and replaced them, no random freezes or random restarts
again, sorry for bumping a 2 year old thread.... but i figured this might help someone else
-seth

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum