WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

hp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts

3 posters

descriptionhp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts Emptyhp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts

more_horiz
i just got this newish computer from my older cousin who upgraded his computer and i got this one in perfect condition exept it had no hard drive so i just swapped in my old maxtor hdd (8gb) until i can get a bigger one and it worked fine for a while and one day when i was playing bejeweled blitz (on ridiculously high graphix settings because i could) it restarted when i tried to put it in full screen it restarted and this continued with a few other games (civ 4, the elder scrolls 3, the sims 2) they all restarted the computer when they opened (also i freshly installed xp home sp2 on it with all the newest drivers i could find foor the computer and latest directx) and WMP 11,10, and 9 would all restert it if i had i song playing and the visualisations on and i tried to move the player or any other window full screen video did the same thing please help!?

i already have an idea of what is up i have narrowed it down to 3 possibilties but i want a professionals opinion

computer specs: pre built (mostly excluding my maxtor 90872u2 hdd) hp pavillion a6235x
amd athlon 64 x2 dualcore processor 6000+
ati radeon hd2400 pro
windoze xpee home sp3

any other info i will gladly provide Thank You!

descriptionhp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts EmptyRe: hp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts

more_horiz
Hi, install newest driver for your Ati Radeon.

If you still have same problem, try to change graphic card because it's dead.

descriptionhp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts EmptyRe: hp pavillion a6235x automatically restarts

more_horiz
new develpement i think it may not be the graphics card because the computer has an onboard graphics so i took out the card and i used that and it worked fine un til ttoday it wouldn't turn on at all i mean it would power on but not POST so i think problem lies elswhere? (i had newest driver for it that was the first thing i did lol... im sorta learning to be a computer repair guy so this is great help for me Smile...

more_horiz
Hi, as first, did you installed Media Codecs ? You can find KLite Codec Pack for free on Filehippo.com

Did you tried to reset BIOS to Default ? Also, are you using external HDD ?
8 Gb is nothing.. so low, you should change it.

more_horiz
all i had for a hard drive( like i said old hard disk) no, not an external hdd also bios default: yes
codecs? i didn't bother with em because vlc has all the codecs i use anyway(i use them on my moms pc cause dhe dont know hoe to do it and i f im not aroude then she is outta luck...)

more_horiz
Let's try with codecs. Just download and install KLite and install it, and try to play movie in your player.

====
If i didn't help you, your graphic card is near dying. I can not help you with that, ask someone in nearest PC Shop for help.

more_horiz
i thought it was dying i just needed an opinion thanks for the help (i freecycle computers anyway finding another pci-e graphics card wont be difficult for me) sorry for wasting your time

more_horiz
I never waste my time Smile... Do not worry, we are always here for help. I hope you'll change it fast, PCI-Express is standard for 21th century, just visit PC Shop Wink

more_horiz
lol i said ---->freecycler <----- i take free junk lol

more_horiz
Oh, okay Big Grin My bad Goofy

more_horiz
HAHAHA! i think i have it figured out. this morning when i woke up i tried to turn my laptop on and it would for about 3 seconds and eventually i deduced it was overheating cpu so i take out my trusty thermal conductive pads and add another to the prcessor and it starts then it hits me i remove the fans from the cpu/gpu and lo and behold NO THERMAL COMPOUND of anysort so a iadd some and it works fine ... for a while... so i look it up and the lockups and spontanious restarts/shutdowns and the failure to boot is most likely one of the most over looked issues with computers the psu so my friend has one that he will let me try in my computer later this weekend (oh and i have a slightly larger hdd in my pc now a humongous!*sarcasm* 20 gb hdd)

more_horiz
Thanks for info Smile...

more_horiz
well... i have new info on this... i got a new power supply 500w and i replace the other one... and this solves the spontanious restarts and and failure to boot... but now i have a persisting problem... the computer locks up randomly... at anytime... sometimes at POST or loading an OS installer or loading the OS (also that 20 gig hdd died so im back at to the 8 gig)
i am now wondering again what this may be...i know everything on the computer works flawlessly as i have tested them in other systems

thanks in advance for any input you may have - Xald

more_horiz
New HDD my friend, you need new HDD.

more_horiz
Not to sound un appreciative of the assistance but i have tried it without an HDD and with different combinations of parts... i fear that something is toast on the MoBo

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum