WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionStill no sound after XP SP3. EmptyStill no sound after XP SP3.

more_horiz
Kenny 94 did an awesome job of helping me get rid of the dreaded av security suite. But now, I have no sound. My sound card is a creative labs sb X-fi fatality 1 card. I have a dual boot rig, and the card worked fine in XP before the virus. now I've reloaded the most current driver, device manager says it's working properly, but no sound. when I open sounds and audio devices in control panel it says no audio device...

The card works fine in Vista 64, (which wasn't infected) and still does so it's not hardware related.

Can someone help me again please???

Since, I've done a registry mod to trick windows into thinking it's still SP2, installed XB888111 and still no luck.

In device manager I have an "other device, unknown device" with a yellow explanation mark and the message "Location 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus)" again this is after xb888111. The card worked perfectly in SP2 before SP3 upgrade and virus. Now virus is gone, still no sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm stuck!!!

descriptionStill no sound after XP SP3. EmptyRe: Still no sound after XP SP3.

more_horiz
How to capture an event log and upload it to the forum:

• First, open Event Viewer by clicking Start -> Run -> type eventvwr.msc and press ENTER.
  • In the Event Viewer please right click the System event log and click Save Log File As.
  • Please save the logfile to your desktop and give it a recognizable name.
  • Do this for each log that has been requested.
  • When you are finished saving the necessary logs, close Event Viewer.
  • On your desktop find the saved log files. Hold the CTRL key and click to select each event log.
  • When all event logs are selected, right-click one of them, click Send to -> Compressed Zip Folder.
  • A new .ZIP file will have been created on your desktop. Please attach that file to this forum in your next reply.

more_horiz
ok, thanks for getting back to me. do you want me to do something b4 creating an event log?? do you want me to create more than one and if so, doing what???

TIA

Nuke

descriptionStill no sound after XP SP3. Emptyattach??

more_horiz
I don't seem to see an option to aattach a file in the reply screen.....

more_horiz
Hi, please follow DragonMaster Jay's guide, and if you can not attach here, please upload to some free file hosting - uploading.com

............................................................................................

Still no sound after XP SP3. V45u80

descriptionStill no sound after XP SP3. Emptysolved

more_horiz
1. reloaded XP
2. updated to SP3
3. loaded sound driver, all's ok.

more_horiz
ok

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum