WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNO Sound Or USB EmptyNO Sound Or USB

more_horiz
I have a sound problem. Its seems after I switch my ISP to AT&T my sound stopped working, now I'm not sure if it was because of the move but right around the same time I noticed the problems. Notice I stated "problems", because my USB ports are not working either. Not all of them are inoperable , I still have the two, one is my printer and the other is what I use to plug my wireless internet in with. I tried a program called DriverWiz but it seemed not to work for me. I do however notice I have several sound drivers but none seem to be useful for my sound. I only can here music through the speakers if I plug them into an outside sourcelike my zune. As for the DriverWiz and the USB ports it cant find any drivers for them, it did howeverfind something callled "chipset".(don't know that is). If somebody.....anybody can help with these problemsI would GREATLY appreciate it. THANX A BUNCH! Please (puppy eyes)

descriptionNO Sound Or USB EmptyRe: NO Sound Or USB

more_horiz
Sorry for the delay. Let us know if you still need help.

more_horiz
Hi, actually I do. Eventhough I've gotten the sound to work, the usbs are still not recognizing the devices, and the way Igot the sound to work is not through the original card, there was another one on the computer so I just downloaded a driver for it.

more_horiz
Bump

more_horiz
Hi, did you tried to install AC'97 ?

............................................................................................

NO Sound Or USB V45u80

more_horiz
Hello . Yes, tried downloading AC97 just now and I didn't get any sound but some of my usb ports worked momentarily before they became inoperable again.

more_horiz
Hi, can you go to My Computer > right click and select Properties > Go to Device Manager and let me know which components have Yellow mark ! near they name.

Give me a list of not workable drivers in your next reply.

............................................................................................

NO Sound Or USB V45u80

more_horiz
Hello again. I went to my computer properties and none of them had the yellow exclamation point next to their name. However, I was messing around with my computer last night and I noticed that the usb ports does work when my AT&t U-verse internet is not plugged in. For some reason I can only use one or the other, meaning a plugged in usb or internet. How can that be resolved, thanx.

more_horiz
Hi, are you sure your motherboard don't have any issue ? I just can' believe USB not work. Did you tried to install USB ports from your Motherboard CD ? You can also do that, just update your USB drivers.

You can also go to Device Manager and delete PCI BUS, restart computer after that step and wait till computer turn on.

NO Sound Or USB V45u80

more_horiz
Will that let me be able to go on line and plug in my usb devices.

more_horiz
Will that let me be able to go on line and plug in my usb devices.

more_horiz
If you have your Motherboard CD, use it!

Insert Motherboard CD > Go to My Computer > Right click and Open, not AutoPlay > Find USB folder inside, you can find Readme.txt, open it. You should have all steps inside about installation USB driver.
If you don't have, go to Device Manager > Right click on USB driver > Update Driver > When Hardware Update Wizard opens click No, not this time > Install from specific location > Find the way to your USB driver on Motherboard CD and update it.

If nothing of this helps, you have to delete PCI BUS and restart computer.

After that step, you should come back here and tell me what happen.

NO Sound Or USB V45u80

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum