WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNo sound?? EmptyNo sound??

more_horiz
My wife has a dell inspiron E1505 laptop. I got the system security virus but the awsome people here helped me out so much and told me what to do to get rid of it. The virus messed up my drivers. I have no recovery disk. I uninstalled the modem and wireless drivers and they reinstalled themselves and worked. The sound driver though is still not working. Any help would be great.

descriptionNo sound?? EmptyRe: No sound??

more_horiz
Hello,

Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System > Device Manager.

Select Sound, video and game controllers >> right click >> uninstall the audio driver and install this:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

No sound?? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
It did not work...I installed it and this message came up after the computer restart. "there was a problem installing the hardware: An error occurred during the installation of the device. The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

more_horiz
Hello,

Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System > Device Manager.

Select Sound, video and game controllers >> right click >> uninstall the audio driver and install this instead:

http://driverscollection.com/?file_id=32539

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

No sound?? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Still did not work....it said the same exact thing as before. Any other suggestions?

more_horiz
I am a current "Easy Technician" at Staples and we have had a MAJOR inpour of problems with dell inspirion e1505's and it has mostly ended up being the mother board going bad.

more_horiz
I would not say is the mother board. It was working fine until I got the system security virus. It has been removed but it messed up all of my drivers. The modem driver and network driver and sound driver. The modem and network driver are working properly now. The sound is still the issue though. So I doubt its the mother board. Thank you though for your suggestion.

more_horiz
Dell's driver list for your model

more_horiz
yea i have tried installing all of those and they just wont work...it just says An error occurred during the installation of the device. The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

more_horiz
Also when looking at my device manager all I have listed under sound, video, game controllers is Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codec

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum