WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionno sound Emptyno sound

more_horiz
hi,
i have just been giving a computer because my old one blew up. i think its an asos computer which i found out from using EVEREST. i cant getting any sound from speakers or headphones, could this be possibly somehting to do with my audio driver need updating? the only bad thing is i dont know what driver it is! if you could help that would be great

i have just also found when i went to open PKR it an error message appeared saying i need to update my graphics drivers. how do i find what driver im using?
regards

Last edited by dingdandoo on 23rd September 2009, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra detail found with a problem on drivers)

descriptionno sound EmptyRe: no sound

more_horiz
Hi

Try the following:
  1. Create a restore point.
  2. Please download Restore Sound, and save it to your desktop. Be sure to double click on it to install. Confirm the install, if necessary.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Test sound.

Did this work?

more_horiz
hi,
thanks for your reply, only just checked it, my friend sorted it out for me and the sounds working fine now. I have a problem though when i go to open PKR and it says i need to update my drivers but i cant find a new update for my graphics driver. the graphics driver installed at the minute is 3D Prophet 4000XT TV Out (32 MB). do you know where i could find an update for it.

more_horiz
This might be it: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/GUILLEMOT-HERCULES/HERCULES-3D-Prophet-4000XT-32-MB-PCI-Version-16055.shtml

more_horiz
thanks for helping dragonmaster jay, when trying to install the driver from the link you gave me it said that my graphics card driver is up to date but i think they must of stopped making them.

PKR still doesnt work and keeps coming up with the same error message about making sure my graphics drivers are up to date. Do you think i would need a new graphics card in order for PKR to work or could it be some other drivers that need up dating?

thanks.

more_horiz
Moderated Message:Double post error by forum

more_horiz
Hi

I was going to say to uninstall the current driver, then install the new. The best try for getting the graphics card updated is through Safe Mode.
>> Reboot to Safe Mode (tap the F8 key just before Windows starts to load and select the Safe Mode option from the menu).

Right click on (My) Computer and click Manage. Then, on the left side, click Device Manager. Find the dȋsplay Adapter and right click and uninstall. Then, press the Action (menu button) and click Scan for Hardware Changes. When prompted, install new Graphics Card Driver.

If you try to install the same Graphics Card driver over top of it, it will not repair, instead it will say you already have the latest version.

more_horiz
HI,
i followed those instructions but i still get the same error message when trying to open pkr.

thanks

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum