WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWill Alt-F10 complete restore just make this go away? EmptyWill Alt-F10 complete restore just make this go away?

more_horiz
Will a complete, Alt-F10 factory setting reimage erase everything I have? (In run Windows Vista on an ACER) Not at all worried about my files since it's only a few songs and some games (WoW, Aion, etc) but more importantly any viruses I might have, or in this case, did contract?

The main reason for the question, and I apologize if this is the wrong section, is because while roaming the net last night for cheat codes I was hit by a virus that apparently created another profile on my system and claimed itself Administrator. A fake anti-virus program then appeared and started downloading. Don't know if it was the right thing to do but I quickly unplugged my system from the net and stopped the download. I have since tried to restore my computer to an early date but this one profile seems to continue to pop up even though the fake Anti-Virus program has stopped. I figured, better safe than sorry, and will be trying a complete re-image tonight.

However, if I restore my entire system to its factory settings will it eliminate this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Been reading through some of the post and noticed right off the bat the "Banker.Fox.A". That is one of the viruses that my computer contracted. As I said, I restored settings to a day before and that seems to be gone, but the mystery profile remains. I also haven't plugged my system back into the internet.

P.S. Again, my apologies if this is in the wrong section. I couldn't think of anywhere else to ask except the "virus" section.

descriptionWill Alt-F10 complete restore just make this go away? EmptyRe: Will Alt-F10 complete restore just make this go away?

more_horiz
Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Will Alt-F10 complete restore just make this go away? DXwU4
Will Alt-F10 complete restore just make this go away? VvYDg

descriptionWill Alt-F10 complete restore just make this go away? EmptyRe: Will Alt-F10 complete restore just make this go away?

more_horiz
Hmmm, I should have checked here before I actually Alt-F10'd. Sad tearing

Anyway, I got the restore menu via Alt-F10, started the process of factory reimaging, and about 15 minutes in (After the system reset itself I'm assuming) I got the dreaded Blue Screen of death. The one that tells you it's found error's, etc etc, please remove any new hardware blah blah blah. So I shut off my computer, and tried to restart it only to find that stops shortly after I start saying that one or more disks where read inncorrectly. Though, this was last night at home, and now I'm on my work computer so I could be mistaken.

However, that being said, seeing as how it did reboot, the only new hardware I've added to my system would be a new power supply and Vid card. Would I have to replace both with the originals for now in order for the system to read correctly and start up?

more_horiz
It would be worth trying that, go ahead.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Will Alt-F10 complete restore just make this go away? DXwU4
Will Alt-F10 complete restore just make this go away? VvYDg

more_horiz
Awesome bud, thanks. I'll give that a whirl tonight after I get out of work. If nothing else, well, I've been wanting a new computer anyway. Open Grin

Sorry for being such a n00b. I can put them together, but after that I'm about as helpful as... ... Let me think ... ...well something that's not very helpful.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum