WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows Vista Keeps crashing, complete pc shut down EmptyWindows Vista Keeps crashing, complete pc shut down

more_horiz
I run Vista. My computer keeps crashing. All programs shut down soon after starting my computer. Takes around 10 minutes before total shutdown. How can I fix this?

Also, I am having a problem with being redirected to sites. Any time I go to a search engine and after I select a link, I am redirected to spam. What can I do?

Thanks so much!

descriptionWindows Vista Keeps crashing, complete pc shut down EmptyRe: Windows Vista Keeps crashing, complete pc shut down

more_horiz
Hi there megfurey!

I am Gabethebabe and I will be helping you with this issue. Before we start some general remarks/rules:
  • Whilst I´m helping you, please follow my instructions carefully and do not experiment on your own or accept help from other persons.
  • Feel free to ask questions! Especially if my instructions are not clear. I´m here to help, not confuse you.
  • I will try and respond quickly, but please understand I do have a real life (job, wife, 3 kids, kinky hobbies).
  • Stick with me till the end. If your computer starts running better, doesn´t mean it is clean yet!

====================

• Download TDSSKiller by Kaspersky from here and save it to your desktop
  • Doubleclick TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool
  • Click the Start Scan button
  • After the scan has finished, click the Close button
  • Click the Report button and copy/paste the contents of it into your next reply
  • The report can also be found in the root of your Windows drive (most likely C:\).

====================

Please download aswMBR by Alwil Software from here and save it to your desktop.

• Double click aswMBR.exe to run the tool
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • Don´t panic if you see any **Rootkit** entries. The tool sometimes produces false alarms
  • Once the scan finishes click Save log to save the log to your desktop
  • Copy and paste the contents of this log (aswMBR.txt) into your next reply.

privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum