WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet Connection Issue? - Page 2 EmptyRe: Internet Connection Issue?

more_horiz
I am having trouble getting to the http:\\192.168.1.1

Does the router have to be linked to the modem at this point?

Currently, I am trying to get to the routers server by just being hardwired to the modem.

Is this right?

descriptionInternet Connection Issue? - Page 2 EmptyRe: Internet Connection Issue?

more_horiz
Does the router have to be linked to the modem at this point?

Yes.

more_horiz
So I am automatically wireless when I hook the modem to the router?

When I connect the modem to the router and then disconnect the hardwire from my computer I cannot connect to the internet?

Am I missing something?

more_horiz
Try the steps again and try the below for one of the router server/IP address:

192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.100, 192.168.2.1

more_horiz
Well, I was able to get my laptop up and running securely. But the other laptop is connected to the same network and says that it has excellent signal strength but the status says"Limited or no connectivity" and can't get on the internet.

more_horiz
That I can't help with. Have you try to move the laptop to another location to the router?

Lets get this part done on the infected PC.

Your Computer is Clean
Internet Connection Issue? - Page 2 CLEAN-1

Some final items:

Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix and tools used in the removal of malware

• Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
  • Now type in Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. (Notice the space between the x and /)
    Internet Connection Issue? - Page 2 CF_Uninstall-1
  • Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
  • You will then recieve a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.

This will uninstall Combofix and anything assoicated with it.

Here are some additional links for you to check out to help you with your computer security.

Browsers

Just because your computer came loaded with Internet Explorer doesn't mean that you have to use it, there are other free alternatives, FIREFOX and OPERA, both are free to use and are more secure than IE.

If you are using firefox you can stay more secure by adding NoScript and WOT (Web Of Trust)

NoScript stops Java scripts from starting on a web page unless you give permission for them, and WOT (Web Of Trust) has a comprehensive list of ratings for different websites allowing you to easily see if a website that you are about to go to has a bad reputation; in fact it will warn you to check if you are sure that you want to continue to a bad website.

• Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
  • From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
  • Click once on the Security tab
  • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
  • Click once on the Custom Level button.
  • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
  • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
  • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
  • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
  • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
  • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
  • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button
  • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
  • Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

Additional Security Measures

Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

SpywareBlaster- SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.

Cookienator- Scans your PC for tracking cookies in multiple browsers as well as in Adobe Flash.

Winpatrol Download and install the free version of Winpatrol. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.

Secunia software inspector & update checker

My Blog Malware And Spyware Tips

Also, see here for system improvement: Help! My computer is slow!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum