WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioniTunes, Internet Explorer, etc. can't find internet connection EmptyiTunes, Internet Explorer, etc. can't find internet connection

more_horiz
Hi
A couple of weeks ago I had the bankerfox.a and win32 nuqel.e trojan/virus. I spent a lot of time here finding the fix and after a while and running Malwarebytes and Avira a few times it found the problem and I deleted the files.

Everything seems to be running okay on my computer, but since then when I try to run programs like iTunes, Rhapsody, Dimdim desktop and Internet Explorer I get an error messages saying the program can't find an internet connection.

I am able to access the web using Firefox and other programs work such as Skype.

I have turned off the Windows Firewall...that didn't work. All the programs that aren't working are in the firewall exceptions.

So I am hoping I am posting this in the right section and that someone can help me.

I am on a laptop running Windows XP SP2

Thanks

descriptioniTunes, Internet Explorer, etc. can't find internet connection EmptyRe: iTunes, Internet Explorer, etc. can't find internet connection

more_horiz
Hello,

Open IE:

Click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options.

* Now click on the Connections tab and then the Lan Settings button.
* Under the Proxy Server section, please uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN.
* Click the OK button. Then press the Apply button and then the OK button. Now that you have disabled the proxy server you will be able to browse the web again with Internet Explorer.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum