WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionis 4shared.com safe? Emptyis 4shared.com safe?

more_horiz
like I just created an account there and I'm wondering if it is safe to do that? If i go and download my own files is that safe? Is it a safe internet program?

descriptionis 4shared.com safe? EmptyRe: is 4shared.com safe?

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes the site is safe and legitimate. If you're downloading your own files then it's also safe but other people's files you download from there might not be.

more_horiz
How can I tell whether or not sites are safe/legitament?

more_horiz
ok, now this brings up another question....what makes you consider a site to be "unsafe" vs. "safe"?

btw gabe I downloaded that link you game me.

more_horiz
nevermind I just had it answered: poor rating may indicate identity theft potential, Internet scams, credit card fraud, phishing, viruses, adware or spyware. An unsatisfactory rating indicates that the site may contain annoying advertisements, excessive pop-ups or content that makes your browser crash.

more_horiz
SophiaGrace wrote:
like I just created an account there and I'm wondering if it is safe to do that? If i go and download my own files is that safe? Is it a safe internet program?

I did a whois search for 4shared.com from WhoisXY.com and found owner details. It looks good. And i visited the site ScamAdviser.com it showed "High Trust Rating. This site looks safe to use."  So, that site is legit. You can use it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum