WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWhy can't I get into Safe Mode? EmptyWhy can't I get into Safe Mode?

more_horiz
Hello! I have a small problem, I can't get into safe mode! I need to get into to get rid of another virus that is in my computer, (I already posted that problem on another post.) So when I try to get into safe mode, I press F8, and yet the screen takes a black pause, and resumes its normal phase. I repeatally tap it, and nothing happens, I hope some one can help me so I can get rid of this other virus, please!

descriptionWhy can't I get into Safe Mode? EmptyRe: Why can't I get into Safe Mode?

more_horiz
Hello,

Your Windows files are badly corrupted. You can try this:

Start >> Run >> msconfig >> OK.

When the System Configuration Utility window comes up, click the BOOT.INI tab, select SAFEBOOT, and then OK. You will get asked to reboot and when you do, it will come up in Safe Mode.

When you're done in Safe Mode, go back to msconfig and remove the checkmark from SAFEMODE.

There is a slight chance your PC might get stuck in a reboot cycle and we need to perform a repair/format after that.

descriptionWhy can't I get into Safe Mode? EmptyRe: Why can't I get into Safe Mode?

more_horiz
Well, that infection I told you about, well, it won't let me do it, it says that it's infected, so I can't do it.... Is there any other way?

more_horiz
Hello,

It's a malware issue, so please continue with your topic here:

http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/another-security-tool-issue-t17312.htm

more_horiz
Ugh, I am using that topic, but it's not getting anywhere right now.... I just need to get into safe mode, but this is getting complicated....

more_horiz
If you can't boot into safe, performing a repair or reinstall of the OS might be the only way out. Like Belahzur said, you should get a flash drive to transfer the tools over to clean the malware. Not booting into safe mode is needed.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum