WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAfter ReInstall, No Wireless EmptyAfter ReInstall, No Wireless

more_horiz
I have a Gateway laptop with Realtek Wireless, however, after Re-Installing Vista, I cannot get my wireless antenna to work properly. YES, it is switched "ON." It is not detecting any wireless networks, and in fact, if I try to set up a network, manually, "Wireless" is not even an option; only Broadband DSL and Dial-Up....it used to show ALL 3 options.

Each time I log on, Windows says the driver has been located, but then it fails to install it. It is the "Network Controller Driver."

Any ideas and suggestions?

THANKS!

Last edited by A_D_A_M on 20th March 2010, 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more details)

............................................................................................

Adam

After ReInstall, No Wireless Millers_crossing3-1-1

descriptionAfter ReInstall, No Wireless EmptyRe: After ReInstall, No Wireless

more_horiz
Vista doesn´t show your wireless connection, because the driver is not installed.

I´d go to www.realtek.com and try and find the drivers that work with Vista.

more_horiz
Open device manager, find the uninstalled network driver... Right click and properties... Then select 'Hardware Ids' You can select this sentance and search google to get more of an exact idea of what it is...

Or go to the laptop manufacturer's website and download the driver pack for your laptop.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum