WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLaptop connected wireless through Netgear router - Intell Proset Wireless EmptyLaptop connected wireless through Netgear router - Intell Proset Wireless

more_horiz
The Wireless connection comes up with Limited or no connectivity. I am not good at this computer stuff.... The laptop is connected with internet but do not open web pages... I have read the winsock etc thing you recommended to the other person - went to Cmd....etc then restarted laptop but still get Internet Explorer cannot display webpage. Could you kindly assist me? Let me think

- Wireless Profile properties - Securities Settings:WEP 128-bit but when I enter this it says the pass phrase - 13 characters or Hex 26 - so it does not want to allow me to enter the 128 bit encryption key

Last edited by Manette on 27th January 2010, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

descriptionLaptop connected wireless through Netgear router - Intell Proset Wireless EmptyRe: Laptop connected wireless through Netgear router - Intell Proset Wireless

more_horiz
Open Internet Explorer and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
Username: admin
Password : password

Select Wireless Settings from the Setup menu in the left-hand navigation bar. On here should be your WEP Key. Copy this and then type it in when trying to connect wirelessly.

Also if you connect to the router with an ethernet cable are you able to view webpages?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum