WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAdding Internal Hard Drive EmptyAdding Internal Hard Drive

more_horiz
Hi Everyone,

I came upon this site while researching info on wireless usb connection problems. From the little I have seen while navigating this forum it seems I have come to the right place for my questions regarding my computer.

I am not experienced with the tech side of computers, but I am learning.

I recently purchase a Hitachi SATA Deskstar hard drive to add to my existing disk. I did a lot of research on my computer and looked up the specs so that I could be prepared to install it. The instructions for the drive stated I needed an available serial ATA connector on the motherboard or a serial ATA adapter and an available PCI slot.

I have a Compaq Presario Desktop computer with Windows Vista; the specs show I have 2 available sata connectors, one white and one black. I also have one PCI Express x16 graphics (for graphics cards), an one PCI Express x1 (for cards such as network, sound, tv-tuner).
I had no problem installing the hard drive into the bay, but I found that both sata connectors are in use, one used by the existing hard drive, and one used by the cd drive. I need to purchase an adapter and here is where I am lost as I don't know what to get. Looking at pictures and descriptions hasn't helped me determine what I need to buy and I was hoping I could get some guidance here. I don't know what additional info you would need, so please let me know.

descriptionAdding Internal Hard Drive EmptyRe: Adding Internal Hard Drive

more_horiz
bump
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum