WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionconnected to internet but only can surf in safe mode Emptyconnected to internet but only can surf in safe mode

more_horiz
have spoken with norton, dell, and isp. All say a firewall is blocking the internet however i have removed norton, and turned off windows firewall and still no internet. Also I am unable to restore my computer to pre-problem? would love some help!

descriptionconnected to internet but only can surf in safe mode EmptyRe: connected to internet but only can surf in safe mode

more_horiz
Apologies for the delayed response.

• Click Start,
  • Select Run,
  • Type in search box cmd and press enter.
  • Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog
  • Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log
  • Restart your PC.
What happens now?

descriptionconnected to internet but only can surf in safe mode EmptyRe: connected to internet but only can surf in safe mode

more_horiz
I actually removed internet explorer 8 and installed firefox and now everything appears fine. Do you think I should still do this? Thanks for the reply

more_horiz
If things are working I'd leave them as they are.

Least your connection is working + Firefox is a better browser by far.

Glad you got it working Right On!

more_horiz
Thanks!

more_horiz
No problem!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum