WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioncan't surf the internet and my router says it is connected Emptycan't surf the internet and my router says it is connected

more_horiz
..every once in a while firefox and IE stops loading pages and instead just show blank pages and the only way to get it working again is restarting my computer but it is now happening constantly..it started happening this week since i uninstalled BitDefender 08 to upgrade to BitDefender 2010 but before i uninstalled bitdefender 08 it told if i wanted to leave windows defender on, i clicked yes but it did nothing so i had to turn it on after i installed bitdefender 2010 ..at first i thought it was jdownloader because every time i started using it firefox broke instantly ..but now i realized it wasn't since it it started happening again when i started to use another download manager.

so here is the problem i can't surf the internet or download and my router says it is connected...even though i still can use xbox live and play on steam. i did a full system scan with bitdefender and it found nothing.

please help...

descriptioncan't surf the internet and my router says it is connected EmptyRe: can't surf the internet and my router says it is connected

more_horiz
Hello,

Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Restart your PC.

If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.

See if you can connect now.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

can't surf the internet and my router says it is connected Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptioncan't surf the internet and my router says it is connected EmptyRe: can't surf the internet and my router says it is connected

more_horiz
unfortunately..that didn't work. I can get on google but i can't do any searches it just goes blank..like if i were using a bad proxy but then i don't get any error messages. it also happens instantly when i use a download manager...

edit: i tried to do the commands again to see if it will work then i got this from typing netsh int ip reset reset.log

Code:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>netsh winsock reset catalog

Sucessfully reset the Winsock Catalog.
You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset.

C:\Windows\system32>netsh int ip reset reset.log
Reseting Echo Request, failed.
Access is denied.

There's no user specified settings to be reset.

C:\Windows\system32>

is it suppose to look like that?

i am using 32 bit vista

more_horiz
Hi, you should tell us for Windows Vista first Wink

Read guide here
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/06/18/repair-and-reset-windows-vista-tcpip-winsock-catalog-corruption/

Check and repair Winsock corruption.
Click Start. In the Start Search dialog box, type: cmd, and right-click cmd.
Click Run as administrator.
Type: netsh winsock reset, and then press the ENTER key.
Type: Exit and press ENTER.
Restart the computer.

Reset the TCP/IP protocol.
Click Start. In the Start Search dialog box, type: cmd, and right-click cmd.
Click Run as administrator.
Type: netsh int ip reset, and then press ENTER.
Type: Exit and press ENTER.
Restart the computer.

............................................................................................

can't surf the internet and my router says it is connected V45u80

more_horiz
that didn't work

i even disabled UAC and then typed in netsh int ip reset and it still say access denied

Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Warlock>netsh int ip reset
Access is denied.

Reseting Interface, OK!
A reboot is required to complete this action.

more_horiz
contact your internet provider or check IP add.

more_horiz
showerstalker wrote:
that didn't work

i even disabled UAC and then typed in netsh int ip reset and it still say access denied

Access is denied.

Reseting Interface, OK!

Hello,

Did you run CMD as Administrator?

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
showerstalker wrote:
that didn't work

Access is denied.

Reseting Interface, OK!

Hello,

Did you run CMD as Administrator?

yes i did.

Could it be possible that my computer is infected even though i ran several scans and both BITdefender and Malwarbytes found nothing?
since it gives me blank pages on almost every site i visit. only the front page of google works but it doesn't let me search for anything also sites that have a login page work.. and only that page works but the rest is blank

simar123 wrote:
contact your internet provider or check IP add.

i'll call them when i get the chance. maybe there's something wrong with my internet connection even though i can connect to play Team Fortress 2.

more_horiz
Hello,

Sounds malware related. Please read this: http://www.geekpolice.net/-t3821.htm

And post your HijackThis log here in a new topic here: http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum