WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLaptop won't let me get on-line at all (Please READ) EmptyLaptop won't let me get on-line at all (Please READ)

more_horiz
My Sony Vaio laptop (With Windows XP Home Edition) has stopped connecting to the internet. I recently had to do a complete system restore because of a bad virus. When I restored everything it would no longer connect to the internet.

I have a good connection, the router and wi fi are switched on but the wi-fi light on the laptop no longer goes on, and cannot get online through internet explorer or firefox. I've tried resetting the network connections and switching on and off for the router/wi fi, checked internet options and network setting. Even tried setting up a new network and nȯne of this worked. I did notice that went I went to the "1394 Connection" under Network connections it says firewalled but even when I turn that off it still won't connect.

Also when I go to System>Hardware>Device Manager> right below when it says Network Adapters there is another Drop Tap that says "Other Devices" such as Ethernet Controller, Mass Storage Controller, Network Controller, PCI Device, SM Bus Controller, USB 2.0 Camera, Video Controller, and Video Controller (VGA Compatible) all which have Black Exclamation points with a yellow circle around them to the left. Which I guess means the drivers are not installed or not working properly....I'm lost and don't know how to get on the internet again. Hopefully my details are enough for someone to help me figure it out. Might I need a new Network Card? or can I fix this?

descriptionLaptop won't let me get on-line at all (Please READ) EmptyRe: Laptop won't let me get on-line at all (Please READ)

more_horiz
Hello,

Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Restart your PC.

If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.

See if you can connect now.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Laptop won't let me get on-line at all (Please READ) Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionLaptop won't let me get on-line at all (Please READ) EmptyRe: Laptop won't let me get on-line at all (Please READ)

more_horiz
I'm not too familiar with a lot of the technical jargon. Where can I find CMD? I know that's probably a newbie ass question but that's why I'm here lol.

more_horiz
Hello,

Start >> run >> type in CMD.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Laptop won't let me get on-line at all (Please READ) Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum