WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLaptop Display Back Light Burned Out EmptyLaptop Display Back Light Burned Out

more_horiz
I have an HPDV2000. The backlight on the screen has burned out. Repair estimates are more than the laptop is new. How hard is it to fix the backlight on my own? Is it accessible to replace parts? How do I get parts?

Rick

descriptionLaptop Display Back Light Burned Out EmptyRe: Laptop Display Back Light Burned Out

more_horiz
Hello,

The backlight is impossible to fix it yourself, you would need the materials, of which only factories or suppliers have.

descriptionLaptop Display Back Light Burned Out EmptyRe: Laptop Display Back Light Burned Out

more_horiz
The parts are not readily available, normal repair shops do not have them. Also, DO NOT attempt to fix the screen yourself unless you are a professional.
Send it for servicing. It will cost you about 200 SGD to service that screen. It would be better if your laptop is still under warranty. Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum