WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWireless Connection Help EmptyWireless Connection Help

more_horiz
Hi, I currently have three computers in my home. Two laptops, and one home computer. I have D-Link Wireless Router. My two laptops recently had the Security Tool & Antivirus System Pro viruses on them. I had them removed, but now I am having trouble with my internet connection. My home computer's connection works perfectly. My first laptop says that it has "Excellent" connection, but when Internet Explorer comes up, It can't display the webpage. My other laptop says that "There are no supported wireless adapters available in the system", and when I click Internet Explore, It also cannot display the webpage. The 2nd laptop also apparently doesnt have an IP address set up, but just last week before the virus, I had excellent wireless connection. If there is anyway you can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

descriptionWireless Connection Help EmptyRe: Wireless Connection Help

more_horiz
Hello,

Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Restart your PC.

If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.

See if you can connect now.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Wireless Connection Help Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Dr. Inferno,
Thanks so much for your help! My first laptop's internet is working perfectly, but my other is not Will it work to transfer the file to a flash drive and then put it on my laptop that doesnt currently have internet? Also, for my first laptop, three times, a blue screen has come up saying that my computer needs to shut down so that it isnt infected or something & then it shuts down...is that normal? Now my second laptop is saying it is connected, but it shows up as not being able to dislplay the webpage.
Thanks a bunch!

more_horiz
Hello,

Your computer is infected with malware. Open a new topic here for the computer which shuts down:

http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/

For computer which can't connect, what service pack are you using?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
My second laptop has Intell Wireless. Is that what you are asking?

more_horiz
Hello,

I mean the service pack. You can check by going to Start >> My Computer >> Right click >> Properties. You will see something like Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 or 2.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum