WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCannot connect to Facebook EmptyCannot connect to Facebook

more_horiz
Up until 6pm yesterday, I was able to connect to Facebook on both my desktop and laptop. I left for a bit and when I came home at 9pm, I couldn't connect from either...and still can't. In Firefox, I am getting the cannot connect "The server at www.facebook.com is taking too long to respond." error page. In IE8, I am getting a connection failed error page that gives me a diagnose problem button. The diagnostic shows nothing wrong with my internet connection. I have no problems at all in connecting to any other pages, only Facebook. So, while at the local library today, I tried to go to Facebook and had no problem going to the site and logging in. Thus, I know it is a problem with my home network. Could you please help?

descriptionCannot connect to Facebook EmptyRe: Cannot connect to Facebook

more_horiz
Hello,

Are you still having problems? Facebook occasionally have downtime errors.

Read this: http://www.geekpolice.net/-t3821.htm And post your HijackThis log here.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Cannot connect to Facebook Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Yes, still down. My Java and Adobe had the latest updates and I've cleared my cookies and double-checked the firewall settings to be sure it wasn't suddenly blocking it for any reason. I am able to connect to Facebook on library and the neighbors' computers...just not my own. Thank you.

more_horiz
Hello,

Please try connecting to Facebook in another browser such as Firefox or Chrome.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Cannot connect to Facebook Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I am having this EXACT SAME PROBLEM, and it's only with Facebook. Further, ANY webpage I try to visit with the word "Facebook" in it causes the "diagnose connection error" in IE8 and the "Error 101" in Chrome (when I use any search engine with Facebook in it attempting to finding info on this problem). Have you resolved this problem? How did you do it???? Thanks.

more_horiz
I did resolve this. It's a little embarrassing to admit, but I had to reset my router. Tried everything I could think of, except that. A few days later I couldn't connect to anything and finally did the obvious and reset everything. Working like a dream now. Strange but true, every time it needs reset, Facebook will be the only thing I can't connect too:)

more_horiz
I had the same problem, when i visit a site trying to download a program for facebook after that i can't access facebook on internet explorer, chrome nor firefox, i thought it's connection problem with routhers, even try calling my isp, nothing work. had 2 computer, the other computer works just fine, but not this computer, all other site are working just smoothly except facebook, what is going on. then i call isp again , they told me could be the site i visit , a virus that blocking my computer from going facebook because the program i'm trying to download is for facebook.. if it's virus , i even try full scan my computer with norton antivus, no virus found, so what is causing this problem, someone pls help!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum