blaklabrat
ComeFrom
mariealabama
Doctor Inferno
CMiz2184
16 posters

descriptionSolvedIm connected, but cant view websites

more_horiz
Im wired to my modem and router, and it says i am connected but i can not view any websites. I have a laptop connected wireless to the same network and it works fine....i have done the winsock/ip reset...Thanks for your help...

descriptionSolvedRe: Im connected, but cant view websites

more_horiz
Hello,

Have you enabled any security settings such at MAC address filtering to block other computers?

more_horiz
no, i have tried to connect on two different types on internet services still not bringing up websites...

more_horiz
Hello,

Could you try to reset your router and see if it helps? It might be caused by an improper configuration.

more_horiz
I have reset both the modem and router, i have also tried a new router and modem...

more_horiz
I have installed a new network card, but now i cant get an IP address. I disabled the integrated card, and have install a linksys gigabit 10/100/1000 card. Now when i hit ipconfig, nothin shows up......

more_horiz
Hello,

Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Restart your PC.

If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.

See if you can connect now.

more_horiz
Resetting ip stack solved the problem.....i think i have some adware issues now...i am getting the google redirect and tulsahomesearch when i click on certain links...

more_horiz
That is malware. Post a copy of your Hijack This log in the malware section, and we'll get it cleaned up for you.

more_horiz
Yeah, read this: http://www.geekpolice.net/-t3821.htm

And post you HijackThis log here: http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/

The Malware techs will get rid of the virus causing the Google redirects.

descriptionSolvedSame

more_horiz
see i have the same prob..

well lap top brand pc burnt, so im having the same problem where as i have a sony vaio; and i take it to two diff houses, and each house has 2wire"modem".. ok see but one house has wep security, the other does not.. so the one with the wep ive got to install 2wire cd, set config for one router,... the end of the day, i switch houses and keep having to reset the wifi, zero, intell proset hardware, winstuck,and finally achieved connection with a forced tc ip config, got it to connect fully but im not viewing webpages? then ive got to reset it to normal everytime so i can give it back to my wife then later i take it home and internet taken like two hours to config... i wanna mac..lol what should i do.. is there a program to save both routers configs at once maybe as different users/ ecpt 2wire installed in all user names.. how could i make it so both houses can use two diff conections? simple, hell no.. pc.. you know pc's part of the family now, ive waisted ten yrs on that kid.. thankx

descriptionSolvedme too

more_horiz
This has happened on my husband's laptop but it happened after we ran an anti-virus program to get rid of another problem. now the laptop is connected to the internet but no browser will work. i would do the hijackthis thing on his laptop to post it but it won't be able to download it i don't think. i can't figure out how to put hijackthis on my flash drive. oh and we did uninstall the anti-virus program but it did not help at all.

descriptionSolvedI can connect to wireless router but browser does not connect

more_horiz
Hi, I have set up a new router and can pick up the wireless connection but unable to connect to the internet via the browser, help???? Not sure what to do as I can't connect to the internet to download any software to help the situation, any ideas????

more_horiz
I am having the same trouble in that I can not use IE or Firefox. I thought it was associated to installing McAffee, as when I uninstall the program I do have access. I have tried the repair process noted above including the winsockfix, but still cannot access the net through IE. I am running Windows XP. After reading this thread I expect the problem will be associated to running CClean to get rid of a RunDLL error that was coming up on boot up.
Thoughts?

Last edited by bdownie on 1st January 2010, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

more_horiz
I had the same problem after eliminating a virus with MalwareBytes (which worked well by the way). I was able to get my mail through Outlook and could even access one site that is linked for regular uploads and downloads to our computer. After trying some of the suggestions I finally went into "Internet Options" under Tools and under "Advanced Settings" selected "Reset" for Resetting Internet Explorer Options. This worked for me.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum