WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionIs it a Virus? - Page 1 EmptyRe: Is it a Virus?

more_horiz
Please download ComboFix Is it a Virus? - Page 1 Combofix from BleepingComputer.com

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start>Run then copy paste the following command into the Run box & click OK "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console

Is it a Virus? - Page 1 Query_RC
Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
Is it a Virus? - Page 1 RC_successful

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

I would also like to see a list of installed programs, so please do this:
Click Start > Run then copy/paste the following single-line command into the Run box and click OK:

C:\Qoobox\Add-Remove Programs.txt

In your next reply, please include the ComboFix log and the Add-Remove Programs log.

more_horiz
There is just one thing, why is it that you posted the same thing on both of my forums? Because it is real important? (I'm terribly sorry, but I'm doing this tomorrow, because it's kinda late, I'm sorry...) Sad tearing

more_horiz
Actually, I never realized that. No big deal. The other topic is in the trash. This one needs continued. Read this topic: http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/no-reply-for-2-days-t5764.htm

more_horiz
Ok, that kinda confused me, so I now have these questions:
1: Why is it locked?
2: Is the end task bar thing important?
3: I'll try to do the stuff today since it long weekend.
4:Like I said is there a virus or not? Indifferent or Blank
5: The only reason I did this was so that I could check if I had a virus that could interfere with a friend of mine upgrading my video card and CPU so I could play a game...And...So far, there really hasn't been a real, "Yes, you have one, or, No, u don't." So I'm just saying, but so far, thanks for all of the help! Big Grin

more_horiz
Hi

I cannot really tell if it is a virus, but please post the ComboFix log and we can find out.

more_horiz
One more thing, even though you said to drop it, should I still go into safe mode for this?

more_horiz
If you can do it in Normal Mode, please do. If it will not functions, then Safe Mode is suggested. Do you need help booting in to Safe Mode? Any more questions, please ask.

more_horiz
No, I think that I can get into safe mode easily enough, but the part I'm bugged about is to delete my anti virus and anti spyware stuff, kinda makes me feel like it could get worse, (Plus, kinda don't know how!)
Oh man, I'm really sorry if this is bugging you that I really am not doing this right now and that I stink at this..... Sad tearing

more_horiz
I just said to disable it temporarily. You will have to so the proper tools can work to remove the threats on the computer.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum