WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow do I save programs on external hard drive? EmptyHow do I save programs on external hard drive?

more_horiz
I need to have more space on my pc and would like to put programs like Photoshop on an external hard drive. As you can tell by my question I'm new at this. THanks

descriptionHow do I save programs on external hard drive? EmptyRe: How do I save programs on external hard drive?

more_horiz
when installing programs most (but not all) will ask what directory to save it to

normally its C:/Program files/

if you change that directory to one on your external drive then that should install the files to the specified directory.
E.g F:/programs/

............................................................................................

Main System Spec: Intel Quad Q9550 (OC to 3.4Ghz), Gigabyte Ga-ep45-ud3l, 4gb kingston hyperX @ 1066mhz, Corsair tx 650, Nvidia 8600GT.

How do I save programs on external hard drive? Siggye

descriptionHow do I save programs on external hard drive? EmptyRe: How do I save programs on external hard drive?

more_horiz
ok but how do I do that? Like I said I'm new, really new :-{

more_horiz
i will use photoshop as a example

if photo shop is already installed

1. Back-up any files you want to save (from photoshop)

2. go into control panel > add remove programs

3. uninstall photoshop

4. run the set-up CD / Double click the installer

5.during install it will say choose directory by default this will be C:/program files/

6. change that to the desired directory E.G H:/programs/
(H being the external drive letter / PROGRAMS being the folder you want it installed in)

7. Complete installation.

If photoshop is NOT currently installed, START from STEP 4

............................................................................................

Main System Spec: Intel Quad Q9550 (OC to 3.4Ghz), Gigabyte Ga-ep45-ud3l, 4gb kingston hyperX @ 1066mhz, Corsair tx 650, Nvidia 8600GT.

How do I save programs on external hard drive? Siggye

more_horiz
THank you

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum